Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004

Dazzleberries posted:

he starts asking me a question. He describes a scenario in which his sister owns a salon or something and has a lockable bathroom, but the key keeps getting lost, how would I solve it.

I talk about how other places attach the key to something large or whatever in an effort to avoid the issue and he then goes, Ok that's great but now let's say I have the key and I tell you about this problem and I say that I need copies made, but the key says on it, 'DO NOT DUPLICATE', what would you do?

Did you get an answer to this thought experiment?

Attach the key to the employees'/owner's building keyring, have them unlock the door when necessary?

Attach the key to a wood plank that is larger than the entrance and exit doors?

Attach key-finders to the key; the key-finders are biometric?

Attach a lock-box to the door. Several one-time keys accompany the lock-box and are given to trusted parties, the bathroom key is inside the lock-box, permanently attached by a cable, accessible only when a one-time key is inserted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread