Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Urodov

do not forget to have voted!
it is your civic duty to have already participated in this arcane election process that is now complete

the people (~7 of them?) have spoken, please do try to be one of them

Ãèáåëü â ìîðñêîé âîëíå,                                                                                                спасибо, Слагнойд-кун!
èëè ñâîáîäó

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrWillsauce

paradox taxes and restrictive temporal ID laws make it more difficult for certain groups of people to have voted. loving republicans

free Trapt CD

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
I loved the contest, and I didn't even realise there were prizes! Thanks for wrangling the machine, AB.

Android Blues

so here's that bonus content i was promising!

as you may have supposed, the word machine's content was generated by me feeding stuff through a markov chain generator and cherrypicking what i thought were the most generative phrases (there were also a few android blues originals in there, just to throw you off the scent). so! for fun, and if you like, why not try to match the resultant words to the source material which, once mangled and re-ordered, spat them out?

here's a full list of the source texts I used:

1. ghostbusters II script
2. a midsummer night's dream (b. shakes)
3. titus andronicus (also b. shakes)
4. the alchemist, by ben jonson
5. "bee movie" script
6. ulysses by james joyce
7. the script to evil dead II
8. letters from vita sackville-west to her then-lover, virginia woolf
9. the rejected 1980s script proposal for "watchmen"
10. t.s. eliot's the waste land
11. TIME CUBE (archived)
12. the importance of being earnest (play script)
13. the inimitable "i just made it up myself"

take a guess at what your words were from! or, if you like, the words of others. no-one said you couldn't have an imagination. i hope you had fun everyone!

Android Blues

i also tried running an adam sandler movie through the generator but it failed to generate any funny or interesting phrases. that's not a riff, that's a true obstacle i stumbled into across the way (for those curious, it was Jack and Jill)

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

hey where did "moon drinking cat" come from?

Android Blues

that one was all me, baby

Urodov

time cube f'ing lol
is that where "III. THE FIRE SERM ON" and "cubeless education" came from?

Ãèáåëü â ìîðñêîé âîëíå,                                                                                                спасибо, Слагнойд-кун!
èëè ñâîáîäó

Android Blues

the latter yes (time cube was a lot of fun and also generated such greats as "false Santa Claus" and "singularity idiot wife"), but the former is from The Waste Land

Android Blues

i really hoped someone would take singularity idiot wife because that phrase just seems like Such a thread waiting to happen

Android Blues

for sticker winners, please PM fluffie duckie with your address so she can send you your prize! (or if you don't have pms, email me at andrdblues@gmail.com and i'll pass the info on to her). i promise neither of us will use your personal data for wicked deeds, but if you're not comfortable sharing it, that is fine too

Matoi Ryuko

Alright, I'm ready for my prompt.

alnilam

I think "the narrator ascends" was the rejected 1980s script proposal for "watchmen"

Android Blues

sadly, that was james joyce's "ulysses", an admittedly not dissimilar work

alnilam

I think swamp gambler was either woolf or android blues

alnilam

Android Blues posted:

sadly, that was james joyce's "ulysses", an admittedly not dissimilar work

The narrator ascends from the snotgreen sea

alnilam

I read ulysses once with a group it was good but never again

I think it's a "once" kind of book

Android Blues

alnilam posted:

I think swamp gambler was either woolf or android blues

the latter. 50% points!

when i was thinking up the thread i was showering, thinking "swamp gambler" over and over to myself and laughing. i do that every day of course, this time it just happened to resolve into something

guns for tits

Is "the Lunar Child of State" from either Time Cube or Watchman?

Android Blues

nope! it's that rascal james joyce again. turns out he wrote a lot more words than either he, i or you ever knew about

MrWillsauce

noted phantoms must be from ghostbusters 2

Android Blues

i'm afraid james joyce has defeated you again

Android Blues

this is like playing rock paper scissors except no-one ever picks scissors and its always paper

MrWillsauce

I thought james joyce wrote ghostbusters 2

free Trapt CD

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*

Android Blues posted:

i really hoped someone would take singularity idiot wife because that phrase just seems like Such a thread waiting to happen

i would love to post in that thread but i think i've only got one or two posts for it in me, and even then just 'i love lucy' riffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues

to everyone still waiting on their pictures: circumstances have led me to be a couple of weeks without my tablet, hence the delay. dont worry youre still getting em!

• Locked thread