Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

legsarerequired
Dec 31, 2007
College Slice
Some conversations in my company lead me to believe there is a strong possibility that I am getting hired for an internal administrative position in a different department. This position is entry level with the same title as my current role.

Career planning is really new to me, but I'm seriously considering accepting it if offered because I'm very bored in my current role and people tend to move up out of that other department. Another difference is that my current department focuses on maintenance and my new department actually brings in revenue, so maybe people in that department get paid a little better.

I also enjoy the people in the other department. There is a male co-worker in my current department who I no longer want to work with professionally--he's cussed me out twice this year, then felt awful when he realized the mistake was entirely on his end. He also has a weird habit of touching women after they've told him not to. I think he once incorrectly assumed that I reported him to HR (when really it could have been anyone who saw him touching a woman co-worker, who got cussed out by him, who heard his political opinions, etc) because he once hovered over my desk and said "You are not allowed to report me without talking to me" and walked off. Even though he's tried to touch me, I don't really trust corporate HR, so I've never reported him.

Again, career planning is really new to me, but how does salary negotiation go if you are changing jobs internally? If I receive the offer, do I have a case for requesting a 2% raise? We already received our annual cost-of-living increases at the beginning of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU