Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

I was job hunting last year and did a few rounds of interviews with one company who ultimately passed on me. They said they liked me and though I had experience in the role, they wanted someone with more specific knowledge about their particular field. They said they would keep me in mind if anything else in that department opened up. Shortly after, I found a new job.

This week, that company reached out to say there was another position in that department open and they thought of me. I'm happy in my new role and have only been in it 10 months, so I'm not really looking to leave. In addition, the new role had a pay bump and hiring bonus (that would have to be repaid if I leave within 2 years), so it would take a much better offer to get me to leave now than a year ago.

If I'm really not interested in leaving, what's the right move here? Politely decline and ask them to keep me in mind for roles 3-5 years down the line? Interview anyway to hear more about the position and maybe change my mind? Try to get an offer and use that as leverage during raise negotiation at my current job?

Honestly I'm not used to companies actually following through when they say "we'll keep you in mind" and I kind of want to give positive reinforcement for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU