Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Spoon
Jan 29, 2009

Want that feelin'
Need that feelin'
Love that feelin'
Feel that feelin'
Hi everyone. I wanted to get an opinion on something I'm kinda split on. When do you discuss salary during the job interview process? One thought I had was simply to ask for the anticipated range during the phone screen if/when the recruiter brings up salary (if they don't then leave that discussion for another time). The other thought I had was to not worry about salary until an offer was in the works. Maybe its somewhere in between (after the phone screen and during an early interview with the hiring manager)? I suspect its much more dependent on the job-seeker and their BATNA but I wanted to see what y'all thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Spoon
Jan 29, 2009

Want that feelin'
Need that feelin'
Love that feelin'
Feel that feelin'
You probably aren't the only person being impacted like this. See if you can push back as a group. They might hold off on this long enough for you to seek employment elsewhere.

Big Spoon
Jan 29, 2009

Want that feelin'
Need that feelin'
Love that feelin'
Feel that feelin'
I'd wait until those checks pass. There's always the possibility of some error in a check resulting in a delay, or worse a pulled offer.