Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Man I wish my career field paid more. The amount of poo poo we need to be proficient at is not worth the pay. At this point in my career I should be making double for how critical this job is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Wibla posted:

We need more IT people in :norway:

Just saying.

As much as I’d like to move somewhere not in the US I don’t think I could get away with not knowing Norwegian in Norway

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
I say gently caress the old job because it sounds like you are 100% dependent on AT&T keeping their “promise” of having work for you. There are no guarantees. They hosed you once they can do it again. You’ll be back at square one with the same experience as before and nothing to show for it.

Really what you should negotiate for with the bank job is a mileage reimbursement for having to drive in. Pretty unlikely they’ll do it but doesn’t hurt to ask

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
You should absolutely ask for more. But you know, actually ask. "Is there any way you guys have room to bump me up a bit?" That's all you need to say. If the answer is no then at least you tried, if it's yes then gently caress yeah more money