Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I think i'm in a position to ask for a raise.

a bit about myself.
Graduated last year in june.

Started working in July 2015 as a jr system administrator.
Company A hired me and pays my salary. They have placed me at company B.
I started primarly solving Tier 1 tickets, withing 3 months I was starting to solve tier 2 tickets and migrating servers to 2012R2 (i've done 3 now. WSUS, DHCP and Active Directory)
Company B promoted me to tier 2 on april 1st 2016. I've also been studying in my spare time to become MCSA Server 2012 certified. I'm MCSA 2012 certified since late march 2016.
i've had a good performance review last month. (this was a inbetween performance review) i have the yearly performance review scheduled in june.

A company tried to recruit me. I initially blew them off. They managed to convince me to come in for a meeting anyway. Meeting went well.
I should have read this thread sooner but i blew the salary negotation. I told them how much I currently make. I lied and told them i made a bit more and they asked me what salary i wanted. I said 2500 euro gross monthly
I know I hosed this up.
They will mail me an offer this week. I kinda hope it gets in before I have the meeting with my boss.

I have a meeting with my boss tomorrow. in which i will plan on asking for a raise.
I plan on asking for 2500 euro gross monthly. I currently make 1700 euro gross monthly

Am I being too hasty? Should I wait to finish my 1st year of employment? I'm now 10 months in.

Sefal fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Apr 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Well, if you get an offer for EUR2500 gross monthly, are you going to be happy with it? If yes, and the position seems good in other ways, I think you should move on.

Getting your current employer to match can be risky. They now know that you are potentially interested in moving on. Now you are #1 on the Layoff poo poo List.

I would be happy with 2500 but i'm not feeling that company. I applied to another place where I would make at the minimum 2400 but I would like working there. I've sent in my application. Hoping to get a call back. It's a jr sys admin role perfect for me.

So should I just not mention the offer and ask for a raise based on my merit?