Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Dwight Eisenhower posted:

You will grovel for a raise and will not get it, or will get an insultingly inadequate one. This will light a fire under your rear end to actually go out and interview like those jerks on the internet said. You will get an offer for $6/hr more than you are making now and will not accept it. You will take the offer and hand your only extant copy to your employer and demand a raise. They will comply and you will get a $6/hr raise. Your team will grow with a new member who is marginally experienced. Your responsibilities will be expanded to include training up this new person who makes $8/hr less than you. When this person gets comparable to your professional responsibilities, you will be fired with no notice and no severance pay. You will not be able to accept the offer that originally got you the raise because they went and hired someone else.
pls stop doxxing me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
In the final stages with a hiring loop. The next time I hear from them, it will either be an offer or it won't be.

I think it'll be an offer, and if that happens then their numbers will likely be much higher than what I have now.

Just found out today that my BATNA has improved a decent amount (but still not enough to compete with what they'd probably offer).

Do I communicate that to them before they make their decision (in the hope that it'll make their offer better)?
Do I withhold that information from them (to make it easier for me to walk away)?
Do I bring it up after they make their offer (in the hope that it'll make them agree to raise their number for me)?