Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Sock The Great posted:

I never understood why all business in a state with less than 100 employees or so couldn't all pool together for health insurance purposes. Most states have a small business association that could administer the whole thing.

.... never understood why all people in a nation couldn't just pool together and do single payer ...

(hint: it's republicans)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
fiduciary duty basically never actually gets litigated and the previous rulings basically give corpos a lotta latitude in doin some poo poo

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the problem is that the market for c-levels is the market for lemons and everyone knows it, so it got materially harder to fire holed up ceos these past few decades, especially founders

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Aug 30, 2023

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you are allowed to just say things in business. the only place you are not allowed to lie is contracts and the punishment is just money or performance

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
no, this past labor crunch in america is prolly from peeps dying from the roni and the trade war w the prc

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
norway vs massachusetts and alabama vs moldova are much more cogent comparisons, basically

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

leper khan posted:

No idea how you could manage to do that legally while fulfilling requirements in non-competes.

feel like they ain't doing it legally

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
160k is well within midlevel land

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Parallelwoody posted:

Comparing whoever was involved in the decision making and execution of the practice that "We don't disclose benefits with an offer" with poop from a butt is insulting to fecal matter. I could at least find *some* use for poop.

For real though, one of my clients has a great benefits package, pays well, and seems to genuinely want to do right by their employees while also being a non-profit. One of the few enjoyable parts of working in the corporate equivalent of a clogged toilet is being able to talk to employees about all the cool stuff they can get from their employer and how to maximize every penny of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_soil#Uses_in_agriculture

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
seems absolutely fine to actually do as long as you have good lawyers and lots of spare time

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
theyre work cops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
look, 33rd employee sounds late to me, honest to god, lol