Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Deathlove posted:

I've never had a union job before, and I'm gonna necro this post to see if I can get some more info on this sort of thing. I interviewed with my local school district for a job and got the call from the guy I interviewed with that they were going to recommend me to HR for hiring, so, that's cool. The money they listed on the ad is trash, and I was thinking well, that's the gig, public schools, kinda gotta deal with it. But perhaps I should reach out to the union ( https://ieanea.org/ ) and say hey, it looks like I'm getting X job with Y school district, can you give me an idea of what the offer is going to be, and what's negotiable? That's actually a thing?

I don't know how Illinois works, but in California, the actual bargaining unit is at the district level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I don't think that's abnormal. I don't think we disclose our benefits until an offer. It's part of the offer itself, just like the salary.

I can't recall not getting detailed information pre-offer. Sometimes I've even gotten the same packet that employees get.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
I am currently working for a startup because I wanted experience at a high-leverage role in a tire fire, and they're giving me enough cash to make the cash + experience worthwhile. This isn't a thing most people want, or should want.