Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Munny
Aug 16, 2005
He should have armed himself if he was goin' to decorate his establishment with my friend.
So I'm posting this for my g/f relating to a pay increase discussion that should be happening March. She currently makes 15.25/hr with an hour minimum of 44 and a hour maximum of 47.5 hours per week. She's been with her company 1yr on 1/4 with 9 months in a different role. When she left her old position she was making more as she was required to work 50-60 hours a week at the same hourly rate, so she was doing a lot more overtime. Her current position is less stressful, but obviously pays less so she was hoping to get an increase to at least her old pay if not more.

Her performance has been above and beyond in her current role. If she were to get 17/hr that would bring her to her old total compensation. Should she ask for something more like 17.75ish? She's concerned because she feels that her boss would freakout if she asked for something that high as it would make her the highest paid in her division and that he would shut down all discussion and only give her a .25 cent raise as that is the max amount for a standard raise (usually .10 - .25). Also she states that HR has told her other benefits are non-negotiable and they are based on seniority with the company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU