Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Sundae posted:

Glad that you're okay with it. :)

$52K anywhere in California is hilariously, almost insultingly low for a ChemE unless he's gotten stuck in academia. That being said, first year / entry-level people get hosed hard all the time in the sciences, so as long as he's willing to jump ship in a few years, he'll make way more on the second role.

Good luck!

Entry level ChemE in California seems to be insanely difficult to find anything in recently. Am graduating this week and probably 90% of the class hasn't gotten offers yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
drat I should have asked in here earlier, I just finished the hiring process for an engineering (non-software) position for after I finish grad school this summer and in the initial screening call they told me the target range was 120-130k, and when I got the offer letter it was for 130k. They called me up the day before the offer letter was sent to tell me what the offer was - would that have been the time to negotiate or after I got the letter? It felt like it was pretty quick and on the spot and while I'm by no means displeased with the offer I wonder if I could have gotten a bit more (it's too late for that though I suppose).

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

stump collector posted:

can I ask what type of engineering and in what area of the US? i am looking for electrical engineering positions and I think I have been completely hosed on salary for the last four years. but its somewhat close to what everyone else (out of college) got for the area.
process engineer for a company in the semiconductor industry, in the bay area (biden you better get that CHIPS act passed)