Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sai
Sep 20, 2004

the over/under is about 30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Under the vegetable posted:

my serious question is why people are calling trump hitler and an antisemite when he has a jewish daughter and son in law that he loves and supports

You have to do something to convince jilted Bernie voters to come back out in November now, and the only thing easier than making your enemy Hitler is to make them a zombie...and that's a better card when you're trying to attack an old guy like McCain.

The Revenant
Feb 2, 2016

by Lowtax
So the only people who have provided actual thoughtful evidence appear to believe there is at least a chance that Trump is a plant.

Badcraziness
Oct 6, 2004

Fallen Rib
Up until people became injured at the rallies i was holding a 5% belief that it was all an act, i think it's pretty likely that its real at this point.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I do think it's hilarious that when Hilldawg got her chance, out comes another mad dog candidate like Perot in '92 except even madder and more racist.

UberAaron
Feb 11, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
He's not a plant. There was no nefarious plot to get Trump to run.

Chaos reigns.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Badcraziness posted:

Up until people became injured at the rallies i was holding a 5% belief that it was all an act, i think it's pretty likely that its real at this point.

I'd still say there's a ~10% chance it's all a big put-on of some sort; I legitimately believe he'd be willing to win the Republican nomination and the Presidency just to prove he can, and then deliberately throw the position or not run for re-election or whatever.

I also think he's capable of coming out and pretending he was some sort of trolling puppetmaster as soon as it becomes apparent he's going to lose the nomination/election, to avoid making a sincere concession. Even if it's absolutely untrue.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
If he runs third party for no good reason then I would say there's a more than zero percent chance Hillary hosed us with Trump's baby dick

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

echronorian posted:

If he runs third party for no good reason then I would say there's a more than zero percent chance Hillary hosed us with Trump's baby dick

I still say the Democratic voters should be happy because beneath the bullshit bluster of "deport em all" and "gunna crack down on Muslims" Trump is really more a Democrat than Republican in terms of his views.

If Trump takes off his mask and reveals he was a Hillary plant all along then what could I do put stand up and applaud for the greatest long con to ever be played on the American voter. :golfclap:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
If they ratfuck him at the RNC after he wins the party's popular vote, I wouldn't say Trump is running third party "for no good reason".

He'd be morally justified at that point, God help him, and it's not like he actually gives a poo poo if the Republicans win (it's not like modern Dem Presidents really stick it to the rich).

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Zombies' Downfall posted:

If they ratfuck him at the RNC after he wins the party's popular vote, I wouldn't say Trump is running third party "for no good reason".

He'd be morally justified at that point, God help him, and it's not like he actually gives a poo poo if the Republicans win (it's not like modern Dem Presidents really stick it to the rich).

To be fair he doesn't even have to run to torpedo the Republicans if they gently caress him over. He can do the exact same thing he's been doing- just call in to every news show every day or two to talk poo poo about Romney or whoever they'd dig up to run. Hell, Trump could sell sponsorships while he does it. "Hey there Joe and Mike? How you doing this morning? Just thought I'd call in FROM MY LINCOLN MKS, just pulling out of DUNKIN DONUTS with my morning coffee :) "

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe
You know, Bill Clinton became president because a sort-of crazy guy ran 3rd party to distract Republican voters and create a rift. It's funny when you see how this election parallels that of 1992.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Vitalis Jackson posted:

You know, Bill Clinton became president because a sort-of crazy guy ran 3rd party to distract Republican voters and create a rift. It's funny when you see how this election parallels that of 1992.

He probably would have won without the crazy guy splitting the vote. Thought I do hope Trump picks as notable a VP ad Perot did. Who am I negotiating with? Why isn't the wall here?

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe

Gyges posted:

He probably would have won without the crazy guy splitting the vote. Thought I do hope Trump picks as notable a VP ad Perot did. Who am I negotiating with? Why isn't the wall here?

Yeah, I still remember that guy wandering aimlessly around on the debating stage. At that point, I realized that Perot had no serious intention of becoming president.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Homework Explainer posted:

because this particular strain of neofascism isn't anti-semitic? i mean unless you're using it in the classical sense, which does include muslims

in re: the op's question, i have a sneaking suspicion trump entered the race for similar $$$ and media motives as ben carson, and as a fringe benefit figured he could claim the clintons owed him a favor later (not outside the realm of possibility if his candidacy cratered, you must admit). but now that he could Literally Become the President, he's in for the long haul

but why did Carson endorse Trump?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

but why did Carson endorse Trump?

When asked what Trump had promised him for his support, Carson said that they were discussing his involvement in some sort of “advisory capacity” in a Trump administration. “I’m not going to reveal any details about it right now because all of this is still very liquid,” he said.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

katlington posted:

When asked what Trump had promised him for his support, Carson said that they were discussing his involvement in some sort of “advisory capacity” in a Trump administration. “I’m not going to reveal any details about it right now because all of this is still very liquid,” he said.

he said, pouring a drink

The Revenant
Feb 2, 2016

by Lowtax
Ok trumps poo poo is more and more like a plant. The loving Trump armbands that are specifically designed to look exactly like the nazi armbands. The stupid barking dog commercial with the unimaginably lovely production values and the goofus "terrorist" with the toy gun. It's all designed to make everyone say omg trumP actually IS hitter and vote for the $hill and it's obvious. Trump is an inside man. Wrap it up.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

It is interesting that Hillary stopped attacking Trump for his misogyny immediately after he threatened to drag Bill through the mud. I wonder if that will change in the general election.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Trump will release a tape of him and Bill doing the eiffel tower to an underage girl at a Jeff Epstein event.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Homer J. Fong posted:

It'd be funny if he was a plant but even funnier if she lost the GE to him.

agreed.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

McDowell posted:

Trump will release a tape of him and Bill doing the eiffel tower to an underage girl at a Jeff Epstein event.

Hillary will be the one filming.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I strongly wonder about this. Trump is known to have connections to the Clintons. It's known that he was a democrat until relatively recently. Without Trump in the race, Republicans might be running someone who could pose a legitimate threat to Hillary like Jeb or Kasich. Trump's carefully ensured no moderate has a chance to win on the Republican side, and if he or Cruz wins then on paper... assuming democrats are scared enough to overlook their disdain for hillary... then her mathematical advantage against either candidate in the electoral college should be crushing. I strongly wonder of Trump's antics in 2012 helped Obama win reelection. It's like he doesn't understand the effect he has... or he knows EXACTLY what he's doing and it's one of the few brilliant underhanded strategies to come from the dems.

Hillary can expect the largest advantage in the minority vote any democrat has ever carried if Trump's the nominee, and a significant edge with the female vote. Young progressives might not show up but it looks like Republicans hate Trump even more than Democrats hate Hillary. 1 in 5 reps won't vote for him as opposed to 1 in 10 dems. That would suggest this may be the first landslide a Democrat has won since the 1960s, even if independents rally behind a 3rd party candidate.

That may not be the case though. This is all very speculative.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

The funniest outcome would be Trump winning the nomination but Hillary losing to Bernie in the primary.

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
In all seriousness, I absolutely refuse to believe there wasn't some kind of trolling going on when Trump made his rallygoers give him a Hitler salute. Even if it was only on the level of "Man, these people love me so much, I bet I could tell them to give me the Nazi salute and they'd do it. Watch!"

The Revenant
Feb 2, 2016

by Lowtax
In pretty much convinced at this point.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Serious thought: Is Drumpfs son someone you would be comfortable being in a room alone with? The guy is legitimately creeppy, like a cross between Gary Busey and a vampire.

I could easily see him literally living the american psyco life, but it is not even thinly disguised.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Fast Luck posted:

It's an actual fact that Trump called the Clintons and asked them if they thought he should enter the race.

This is my fav scenario where Trump is a plant. The Clintons thought it would be cute to encourage the reality show boor to run for president and gently caress with the republicans, but wait! now he's got the nomination and he's not following campaign decorum!

If I were Hillary I'd be confident that I could beat Trump in an election but I'd be worried that he would expose my worst flaws in the process.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Assume for the moment that he isn't working for the clintons. If he was, what would he be doing differently?

nothing.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

katlington posted:

Assume for the moment that he isn't working for the clintons. If he was, what would he be doing differently?

nothing.

I think if he was working for the Clintons he'd have run his campaign like a very normal campaign and not done a lot of what he did? Like did Clinton (Bill or Hilary) ever kinda hide their ground game in states the way Trump seemed to do in SC and other states?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Trump isn't working for the god drat Clintons

at most, Bill egged him on into running with the hope that he'd be a disaster for the GOP

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

lizardman posted:

In all seriousness, I absolutely refuse to believe there wasn't some kind of trolling going on when Trump made his rallygoers give him a Hitler salute. Even if it was only on the level of "Man, these people love me so much, I bet I could tell them to give me the Nazi salute and they'd do it. Watch!"

After Trump's comment 'I could shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters'? Absolutely Trump is seeing how far he can push this trolling thing.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Wheeee posted:

Trump isn't working for the god drat Clintons

at most, Bill egged him on into running with the hope that he'd be a disaster for the GOP

yeah there isn't some kind of conspiracy but i deffo think trump's motives changed as it became clear he was sharing the stage with a bunch of clowns and jokers

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Homework Explainer posted:

yeah there isn't some kind of conspiracy but i deffo think trump's motives changed as it became clear he was sharing the stage with a bunch of clowns and jokers

yea I agree with that, I think Trump started out doing this on a lark because why the gently caress not, he's a business-themed celebrity who can't get enough attention

then he realized that it could be real

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

It must have been a weird moment when he suddenly realized all these other candidates were basically the kids in grade school waiting to have their textbooks slapped out of their hands.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Wheeee posted:

yea I agree with that, I think Trump started out doing this on a lark because why the gently caress not, he's a business-themed celebrity who can't get enough attention

then he realized that it could be real

I think this is exactly what happened.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Like maybe he met Rubio early on and was talking to some handler like "who was that twerp? who's intern is that" and then was told that was a serious contender for the nomination and Trump's brain started turning like an old Chuck Jones cartoon?

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

The Whole Internet posted:

Without Trump in the race, Republicans might be running someone who could pose a legitimate threat to Hillary like Jeb

:roflolmao:

you think that worthless kuck would have had a better chance in the General than Trump

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

The guy who couldn't handle Trump in the Primaries would definitely pose a threat to someone in the General.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

imagine how boring that general election would be lol

• Locked thread