Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Under the vegetable posted:

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/03/israeli-journalist-watches-in-horror-as-trumps-rise-mirrors-hitler-the-echoes-are-getting-much-too-close/

While Burston had long been comforted by the phrase uttered by many in regards to the Holocaust, “never again,” that assurance has been evaporating.

“I figured they were right,” he notes. “Until this week. Until I began to hear reminders of the observations of the Jews who’d once placed hopes in Hitler. How a leader like that could bring stability, restore a broken country to greatness. How you shouldn’t pay too much heed to what he says – it’s just what politicians need to do to get elected.”

He adds, “Any Jew who votes for Donald Trump is voting for an anti-Semite.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...65ce_story.html

The Czech-born Jew lost her parents and most of her siblings in Hitler’s death camps. Now, when she hears about plans to register Muslims and to ban Muslims from entering the United States, “I’m worried about the tone of this country,” she said.

To Weiss, the ugly political environment in 2016 has an ominous precedent in Weimar Germany. “It has echoes, and maybe more so to me than to native-born Americans,” 

“It’s really frightening,” said Al Munzer, hidden as an infant in the Netherlands with a Dutch family and their Muslim nanny. “When you see these mass rallies that Trump is able to attract, you really wonder: How are they buying into this message of hate?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

but why did Carson endorse Trump?

When asked what Trump had promised him for his support, Carson said that they were discussing his involvement in some sort of “advisory capacity” in a Trump administration. “I’m not going to reveal any details about it right now because all of this is still very liquid,” he said.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Assume for the moment that he isn't working for the clintons. If he was, what would he be doing differently?

nothing.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Its weird how trump has yet to do anything he wouldnt have were we to assume he was working for hillary to secure her thr presidency and destroy the opposition

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

L
M
A
O

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

echronorian posted:

he's lost multiple friends, accreditations, awards, and marred his family name. Egomaniac millionaire businessmen do not, in my experience, throw their empire under the bus unless they mean it. The biggest threat to Trumps international business prospects is his campaign. I can't see any amount of bribe money or brownie points with politicians being worth that.

trump is the boss. Note: not the same character as the big boss, who trump is not.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Hillary is gonna give him a new identity and he'll live out his life as nondescript b/millionaire donald pmurt, from somewhere far away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

[In a sauna some time last year]

Bill clinton: the wife is going to do it this time, donald. Shes lucky the gop is such a bunch of losers and nobody great like you is running, somebody like you would clean up this time. She wouldnt stand a chance, i tell you what.

Donald trump: hmmmmm

• Locked thread