Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unguided posted:

How much salt is in this game and what can you season with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

saorry op but this game looks like as.s . ill pick it up whn its on deep sale maybe

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I got it and its good and fun.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
is there any difference between the gods you choose at the beginning? like does it change anything gameplay wise other than which savepoints have npcs at them?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

apropos to nothing posted:

is there any difference between the gods you choose at the beginning? like does it change anything gameplay wise other than which savepoints have npcs at them?

Still not sure exactly what it effects but there are a bunch of other gods/factions you can find it seems like so don't sweat it too much, it's not permanent. I abandoned my starter for the cleric god and some of the NPCs in my first save point got a little pissy but they'll still do business with me and everything (I think they're charging me more though?)

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Dark Souls 3 comes out in less than a week OP, the gently caress are you doing.

Nigga pls. I can't read kanji

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wait it comes out in less than a month - I was thinking of Daredevil Season two. Apologies all.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Wait it comes out in less than a month - I was thinking of Daredevil Season two. Apologies all.

oh HELL yes

Dec 26, 2012

apropos to nothing posted:

i think it just changes your estus mostly

not sure exactly what those changes are but in theory they're different

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

lmao

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Games cool, combat is fast, weapons feel different, lots of customization options. Bosses are pretty fun to fight and challenging, the character art is poo poo, but the enemy designs are much better.And there are upgrades to your movement just like in SOTN to get around, as well as many secrets, which are pretty rewarding.

Not sure how I feel about the music, its alright i guess.

The covenants are pretty interesting in that they determine what items you get from any vendors you place using your offerings, and the leaders I assume offer different rewards that cater to different playstyles. You can also find more covenants throughout the island. Weapon crafting is pretty simple, just gotta find materials off enemies or bosses to make unique weapons.

While its a straight souls ripoff in alot of ways, whats there is pretty inciting and deep, and has kept me playing for a while. Its good for scratching that itch until DS3 comes out.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

piece of poo poo flash game with poo poo mechanics and halfassed dark souls ripoff poo poo? SHuT UP AND TAKE MY TWINKLING TITANITE

Dec 26, 2012

ROBO_ERECTUS posted:

Games cool, combat is fast, weapons feel different, lots of customization options. Bosses are pretty fun to fight and challenging, the character art is poo poo, but the enemy designs are much better.And there are upgrades to your movement just like in SOTN to get around, as well as many secrets, which are pretty rewarding.

Not sure how I feel about the music, its alright i guess.

The covenants are pretty interesting in that they determine what items you get from any vendors you place using your offerings, and the leaders I assume offer different rewards that cater to different playstyles. You can also find more covenants throughout the island. Weapon crafting is pretty simple, just gotta find materials off enemies or bosses to make unique weapons.

While its a straight souls ripoff in alot of ways, whats there is pretty inciting and deep, and has kept me playing for a while. Its good for scratching that itch until DS3 comes out.

the bosses seem mostly easy so far but they'd probably be way harder if i wasnt using the biggest weapons i could find

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

01011001 posted:

the bosses seem mostly easy so far but they'd probably be way harder if i wasnt using the biggest weapons i could find

The first one / jester were a joke but I struggled really hard with mad alchemist. I like the game alot

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I just beat a dragon boss that was kinda hard but I think it was cause I was under leveled. there was a shield near him that 100% blocked fire attacks so like half his moveset was just nullified by blocking though

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Benny D posted:

The first one / jester were a joke but I struggled really hard with mad alchemist. I like the game alot

Where's the Jester? I fought the first Knight guy and Queen of Smiles fine but the Alchemist is kickin my poo poo in ....

Dec 26, 2012

Benny D posted:

alchemist would have been way harder if he had more hp, the last attack pattern he has when he's low is pretty nasty

queen of smiles was fun and got me good until i figured out just how much reach the claymore has

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
The game looks okay i guess but the character artwork just screams edgy high school notebook margin scribbles which takes me out of iy immediately

Like I'm just expecting to kickflip a zombie into 720 tombstone any minute while limp bizkit blares in the bg right

poo poo I'd actually play that game no question asked

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
This game looks like poo poo!!!

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

muh graphics

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

goferchan posted:

Where's the Jester? I fought the first Knight guy and Queen of Smiles fine but the Alchemist is kickin my poo poo in ....

I found him by accident after getting to sunken keep and going out backwards.

The only thing that bugs me is how inconsistent rolling is. Like some bosses / enemies you can roll through attacks and models but on like queen of smiles you just can't roll through her at all

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the dodge timing takes some getting used to. it was frustrating me at first too but I've gotten used to the timings for it now and it's pretty consistent. I even went back and started a new character and beat the first boss on the ship at the start by just rolling through his attacks

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Have you tried magic yet? I'm doing str/wisdom paladin and it's fun but I'm wondering if magic is fun too

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the character I just started is also a paladin and I've only tried out the heal spell so no clue really :shrug: one thing I noticed is that it seems when you use a spell it decreases your max stamina until you rest which is kind of a neat mechanic I'm assuming they put in to prevent spell spamming

Dec 26, 2012

Benny D posted:

I found him by accident after getting to sunken keep and going out backwards.

The only thing that bugs me is how inconsistent rolling is. Like some bosses / enemies you can roll through attacks and models but on like queen of smiles you just can't roll through her at all

roll distance changes with remaining stamina

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

poo poo and shittery imo.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this game is badass. its basically aria of sorrow w/ a heavy souls influence

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

No exaggeration those characters look like Bratz dolls

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Lol.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Benny D posted:

muh graphics

Behold my asskey graphics

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Dec 26, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

they do. which is weird when the environments look solid

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The environments look like crap too. Get the poop out of your eyes people.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the game is fun deal with it imps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

01011001 posted:

they do. which is weird when the environments look solid

They look solid alright...like the solid steel cable l laid in the toilet 20 minutes ago.

• Locked thread