Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Benny D posted:

The red hall of cages boss is pretty cool

I beat that one last night. I was actually really impressed with the boss design, very original and cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

are you supposed to jump at the entrance to the cages? i dont know what counts as a ladder or if theres a floor there lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I was really enjoying this game until I encountered a platforming section with disappearing tiles which is probably my least favorite platforming thing ever. Benny out

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

are you supposed to jump at the entrance to the cages? i dont know what counts as a ladder or if theres a floor there lol

Nt sure what spot you're at

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Can you dodge roll in this game.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
this game is loving huge, way bigger and longer than I expected

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Heyyyyy salty lady!
Heyyyyy salty lady!

Oppa Salt Sancuary Style!

:kingsley::margeball::pervert::shepspends:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

Heyyyyy salty lady!
Heyyyyy salty lady!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

what the gently caress

Dec 26, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

yes

Dec 26, 2012

parrying is in there too

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

Heyyyyy salty lady!
Heyyyyy salty lady!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

01011001 posted:

parrying is in there too

p-groove ftw

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

NickRoweFillea posted:

iframes baby

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lmfao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
beat it just now. took over 20 hours and the last few bosses felt pretty easy but overall it was a good game. if you beat the last boss and keep walking right it takes you into ng+ so if theres side stuff you wanna do, make sure to do it before the final boss

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

lol

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Pablo Gigante posted:

The Mighty Mighty Boss Souls

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
2 is my preferred number of Ds

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

The Milkman posted:

amazing chest ahead

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Milkman posted:

One in your rear end and one in your mouth.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Black Baby Goku posted:

Heyyyyy salty lady!
Heyyyyy salty lady!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I probably will not play this game unless Miyazaki quits video games like he said he would. saying it looks like rear end is an insult to the beautiful asses of the world, but if people are saying it's fun and comparing it to guacamelee I won't boycott it

that reminds me, I still have to play guacamelee. and the giana sisters also

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I probably will not play this game unless Miyazaki quits video games like he said he would. saying it looks like rear end is an insult to the beautiful asses of the world, but if people are saying it's fun and comparing it to guacamelee I won't boycott it

sounds like you have a lot of conflicting feelings here man.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

conflicting feelings? buddy you don't even know the half of it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Who in the world wants to play a Giana sisters game. I thought European kids in the 80s played them just because Mario wasn't around yet.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

SciFiDownBeat posted:

You salty brah?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i saw my friend play this game tonight. it looked like fun but the animation does look bad.

Dec 26, 2012

Benny D posted:

The red hall of cages boss is pretty cool

he's

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just got this and don't like it very much. everything is so loving ugly that it's hard to see animation tells for attacks. i'm playing shieldless tho, so maybe they were expecting people to play w/ a shield? either way, the combat is boring and i haven't found anything with a particularly interesting moveset.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

after playing more this game is bad. easy to get lost in a huge 2d castlevania world where everything looks the same and theres no map, enemies are increasingly less fun to fight and get broken abilities.

a flying enemy that gives a mob a forcefield making it 100% invincible that can also fly out of attack range and stay there lol i thought "well that was just an oddity it prob wont get worse" and it does

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I haven't used any of the stone idol things at all because I'm still kind of unsure how they work- do you only get to use one at each sanctuary you establish, or can you use up another one and have the person brought by the first one vanish? Is there even a limit to how many NPCs you can host at a sanctuary, like if I found one I liked at a crossroads to a lot of different areas, could I effectively turn it into a small village?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

they get consumed when you use them, and there's a four NPC limit per shrine. its possibly the dumbest system ever

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Do they carry over to NG+?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Bobnumerotres posted:

after playing more this game is bad. easy to get lost in a huge 2d castlevania world where everything looks the same and theres no map, enemies are increasingly less fun to fight and get broken abilities.

a flying enemy that gives a mob a forcefield making it 100% invincible that can also fly out of attack range and stay there lol i thought "well that was just an oddity it prob wont get worse" and it does

i like it. i platinumed it. i thought it actually got easier as you go on but i was naked and using a greatsword.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

i like it. i platinumed it. i thought it actually got easier as you go on but i was naked and using a greatsword.

i guess i just wish it controlled more like guacamelee and not like a way jankier version of that lol but also when i made that post i was just rly pissed cause i kept dying to the poo poo in the castle of storms

ill give it a second chance soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

i guess i just wish it controlled more like guacamelee and not like a way jankier version of that lol but also when i made that post i was just rly pissed cause i kept dying to the poo poo in the castle of storms

ill give it a second chance soon

I'm in Castle of Storms now and I feel really overleveled because it took me two weeks playing on and off to figure out what I needed to do to get here... I thought that Jester guy was asking me to join a covenant or something so I just ignored him this whole time lol

• Locked thread