Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

CrashCat posted:

If you're working on cash flow, don't sell to NPCs unless you're out of room and the only alternative is basically throwing poo poo out. The trade house pays so much more (especially for Great and above) that selling to NPCs is often a huge loss.

While Shopkeeper XP should probably be my main goal at the moment (Level 13 at the moment), I also need 500k for my next shop upgrade, and I'm only sitting at 200k. In terms of making cash on the trade house like you suggest, is this mainly through fulfilling requests, or should I be throwing up offers of any of my Great items, even if they are only the early game stuff I can produce now that I can't imagine many late game players have need for?

Another issue I'm facing is that a lot of my item trees are requiring that I have someone who can do Arts and Crafts, but I'm limited to three workers, and I've already got the Blacksmith, Leatherworker, and Druid, none of which I can really afford to get rid of. Any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Klungar posted:

While Shopkeeper XP should probably be my main goal at the moment (Level 13 at the moment), I also need 500k for my next shop upgrade, and I'm only sitting at 200k. In terms of making cash on the trade house like you suggest, is this mainly through fulfilling requests, or should I be throwing up offers of any of my Great items, even if they are only the early game stuff I can produce now that I can't imagine many late game players have need for?

Another issue I'm facing is that a lot of my item trees are requiring that I have someone who can do Arts and Crafts, but I'm limited to three workers, and I've already got the Blacksmith, Leatherworker, and Druid, none of which I can really afford to get rid of. Any suggestions?
Fulfill requests only when the price is right. The prompt shows you the base price so it should be easy to figure out if you're gonna make enough money or you get soaked. Offering Greats or above is a given, you're not the only lowbie player. Don't be afraid to put a big stack of Good or even Common items on offer if you're going to be offline a while or don't need the slot. You will be able to cancel it before 3 days is up as long as you waited long enough to not get that prompt, and if even one of the stack sells you can cancel at any time. You may be surprised what can actually sell. Artifact prices took a huge poo poo so even though selling quest loot was a big part of my early leveling it may suck rear end for you.

Skill juggling sucks but there's no magic answer. I wasn't happy until I was able to buy my sixth worker slot with gems (after reaching my fifth with gold) but other people have decided on specialization and are just fine with it. Someone else would have to chime in on that though.

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Mar 30, 2016

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

CrashCat posted:

There appears to be a typo or something in this one, double check it

:iiam:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Baffling. MURDERVILLE is filled up so I can't try it again, but I copied and pasted it twice and it refused to acknowledge you existed either time. Maybe someone else can give it a shot?

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I need to clear a couple inactives so I will try and invite people tonight. Thanks for the patience!

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

gwrtheyrn posted:

Weird it runs on chrome for me

Guess they shoved in an update to the newer versions of Unity with that last major patch. Does your performance tank a shitload though?

I'm getting well over 1 GB of ram usage and who knows how much CPU. Feels like they need to fix some poo poo.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

kinkouin posted:

Guess they shoved in an update to the newer versions of Unity with that last major patch. Does your performance tank a shitload though?

I'm getting well over 1 GB of ram usage and who knows how much CPU. Feels like they need to fix some poo poo.

When it runs for long enough it OOMs itself, but it takes a couple hours to get to that point. Perf on this thing seems to suck regardless

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

gwrtheyrn posted:

When it runs for long enough it OOMs itself, but it takes a couple hours to get to that point. Perf on this thing seems to suck regardless

Strange. Mine goes immediately to over 1 GB of ram. Everything feels sluggish, but at least it's semi-playable.

EDIT: Just tried again on Firefox, less than 1/4 that. Weird.

kinkouin fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 1, 2016

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

kinkouin posted:

Strange. Mine goes immediately to over 1 GB of ram. Everything feels sluggish, but at least it's semi-playable.

EDIT: Just tried again on Firefox, less than 1/4 that. Weird.

I haven't actually checked how much ram it has because I don't come close to running out. I have something like 24 or 32 gb of ram though

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
On my android with the Easter update they seemed to change something where it doesn't load things that are not visible on screen so scrolling around my shop is mega slow as tables and resource bins are loaded the first time. That would be fine I guess except it means that when you are upgrading something you don't get notified when it finishes until you scroll around the shop to load the object for the first time.

Not sure if that's just an issue because my Nexus 5 is getting a bit long in the tooth/ram starved or what.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Ok invited Kirtar and Woodstock, let me know if you guys already got in one of the goon cities.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Squibbles posted:

On my android with the Easter update they seemed to change something where it doesn't load things that are not visible on screen so scrolling around my shop is mega slow as tables and resource bins are loaded the first time. That would be fine I guess except it means that when you are upgrading something you don't get notified when it finishes until you scroll around the shop to load the object for the first time.

Not sure if that's just an issue because my Nexus 5 is getting a bit long in the tooth/ram starved or what.

Happens on my kindle too. I rather like it since launching the app and connecting to their servers seems more stable since the change.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Zooming out will also load everything that comes into view. I kinda prefer that cause even moving a tiny bit causes a long pause each time so I might as well load all of it.

Stupid that it's got to reload all of that every time, it takes up enough storage on my devices as it is to store all that poo poo

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dragongem posted:

Ok invited Kirtar and Woodstock, let me know if you guys already got in one of the goon cities.

Oh cool I'm not bottlenecking on materials for now since my bins fill faster/about as fast as I can use them.

Yildun
Jan 21, 2011
Is there any way to sell directly to another shopkeeper? Like another townie, without it getting bought by some random player off the trading house.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Yildun posted:

Is there any way to sell directly to another shopkeeper? Like another townie, without it getting bought by some random player off the trading house.
Nope, I've wished for that since the start but it's probably never going to happen.

Yildun
Jan 21, 2011

CrashCat posted:

Nope, I've wished for that since the start but it's probably never going to happen.

Darn it. That would make things a lot easier in a small town... but I guess they did that to keep the trading house healthy. Otherwise some people would just sell to their neighbors and never to strangers. :(

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

gwrtheyrn posted:

I haven't actually checked how much ram it has because I don't come close to running out. I have something like 24 or 32 gb of ram though

I do too, but that shouldn't cause it to slow to a crawl like mine is getting. Weird. Oh well :shrug:

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010
Looking for invite. Been playing three days and hit level 14. My name is zeke#22976.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Just picked this up, would love an invite to a thriving goon metropolis. ID is Stacker#80384.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

I too would like an invite to some goontropolis or whatever.

telexsa#39718

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Ack, I'll see if I have room. Do any of the other cities have space?

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Dragongem posted:

We have one spot available, but I sent all three an invite, so first come first serve.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

kinkouin posted:

We have one spot available, but I sent all three an invite, so first come first serve.

drat, missed it. Anyone else got a slot open?

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

kinkouin posted:

I got it, it's like nuts how you have to either unlock ALL that poo poo on your own or join a city.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Dragongem posted:

I think we can make room.

Ovo last played 11 days ago and only has 10k invested.
Jon last played 9 days ago and only has 35k invested.

There are a couple others who've probably stopped playing too.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Xtanstic has some slots open if people need them. I wasn't paying attention, so we actually have like half a dozen slots thanks to the level 50 town hall.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Got into Xtanstic, cheers. Now to figure out what the hell all these buildings do :)

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I just sent invites to Xtanstic to some of the recent requests on this page, in case any of you are still homeless.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
So what are the established ways of getting your general level up and making cash? As far a the latter is concerned, I know settling basics on the trade house, but anything else that isn't obvious?

Thanks!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

You level up solely by selling things to heroes in your shop. The trade house is kind of a bummer because you don't get exp for selling there. Just gonna have to make a ton of poo poo and sell it, that's the game. v:shobon:v

glickeroo
Nov 2, 2004

Looking for an invite edit: Thanks Bad Munki!

Solkanar512 - I've looked in the Requests tab for anything that is selling for a multiplier of its base cost AND a high number of requests. This weekend it was plain Fur Loafers, Great Kunai and Good Scarlet Coifs (in < lvl 11 range). So I grinded until I could produce those regularly and made a ton of them. Right now a few of those prices crashed (probably other people had the same idea).

This doesn't give you levels though. So once I had enough money I set-up my shop to let me force-sell hats for 0 energy impact and sold Good Scarlet Coifs to level up.

glickeroo fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Apr 6, 2016

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

glickeroo posted:

Looking for an invite edit: Thanks Bad Munki!

Solkanar512 - I've looked in the Requests tab for anything that is selling for a multiplier of its base cost AND a high number of requests. This weekend it was plain Fur Loafers, Great Kunai and Good Scarlet Coifs (in < lvl 11 range). So I grinded until I could produce those regularly and made a ton of them. Right now a few of those prices crashed (probably other people had the same idea).

This doesn't give you levels though. So once I had enough money I set-up my shop to let me force-sell hats for 0 energy impact and sold Good Scarlet Coifs to level up.

That's pretty smart. Higher level items sell for a lot more though, so don't get too comfortable.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I have started this up. Seems like a great time waster. I loved Happy Street back in the day and this seems similar.

Edit: thanks for the invite to the goon city. Everything is so much better now wow!

cryptoclastic fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Apr 6, 2016

Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004
Joined a random city to start. Can I get I invites or do I need to leave mine. Cory#39358

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Majik Ninja posted:

Joined a random city to start. Can I get I invites or do I need to leave mine. Cory#39358
You can get invites while in a city, in fact sometimes I wish I could turn mine off. I don't have a slot right now though so someone else will have to pick you up

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
Holy crap I've been dreaming about a game like this.

I'm Axiem#31058 and I need help killing my battery!

...any recommendations on how to arrange the shop, or does it not really matter?

Axiem fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 7, 2016

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Make it look the way you want, as far as i can tell there's no collision so while characters will generally path around objects with a bit of a buffer they'll quite happily walk right along the boundary between two pieces of furniture.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I've been slumming it in a pug city that I'm now the largest investor in, and I'm starting to get bottlenecked by everyone else, so I'm going to add my name to the list of invitees - distelt#24272

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ephphatha posted:

Make it look the way you want, as far as i can tell there's no collision so while characters will generally path around objects with a bit of a buffer they'll quite happily walk right along the boundary between two pieces of furniture.
The heroes tend to cluster near the upper left no matter what I do, and the workers just wander from station to station they're "using" but it's purely cosmetic. And you can pull from the bins with the sidebar so that's not important either. The only possible consideration I can think of is helping yourself keep track of what object you want to upgrade next.

• Locked thread