Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

i mean she's proper terrifying

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

my father's not even 60 yet so I don't foresee this in my near future

she's 68 and has alzheimers so maybe it won't be forever

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Badger of Basra posted:

why are you filling out your own w-2

or whatever the form is you fill out when you get the job that figures out the withholding, i forgot you can mark yourself as a dependent

i also got a tax credit for going back to school

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

sock it to me?!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

sock it to me?!

lol ive always felt that was a hideous delivery but i guess it was the first time a president denigrated himself to seem regular

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

steve forbes on snl is probably the nadir of that

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

i've never actually seen the clip of him saying it, only read about it

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I think my dad intends to work until he actually can't anymore

It's what his dad did

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

i've never actually seen the clip of him saying it, only read about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qRZvlZZ0DY

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Chantilly Say posted:

I think my dad intends to work until he actually can't anymore

It's what his dad did

Christian Dominionists believe that retirement is anti-biblical

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

gah

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
i owe $6000 in taxes

thanks a lot, AMT

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

i owe $6000 in taxes

thanks a lot, AMT

shut your trap, trust fund haver

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
just found out my father is a 700 club fan

please send help and/or ron paul supporters

(i will also accept particularly noteworthy anti-catholic things pat robertson has said)

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
good morning new thread

its march madness!

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

good morning new thread

its march madness!

it is, looking forward to the end of the work day so i can watch some games

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
its march sadness! *holds up bracket of every mistake youve ever made*

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
david frum saying his party is dead is music to my ears in 16 tweets

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

who do you have winning the tournament, dadchat?

msu for me

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

If either of my parents attempts to move in with me I will flee the country

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Soup du Jour posted:

msu for me

i usually do two brackets -- one is from when they first come out, and one is later after i've had some time to digest

i ended up with the same final and final four in both. kansas vs msu. I would give that match up to Kansas 60% of the time (assuming Kansas gets that far.)

it's a pretty wide open field though, and there's a number of teams that have an okay chance.

they did such a lovely job of seeding though. yikes.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

KS is loving stacked

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

if uconn women's wins again then the seniors on their team will have won the championship every year they have played

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Badger of Basra posted:

why are you filling out your own w-2
he watches wwe

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

we've been hearing "boomers are putting off retirement because they have no savings" for almost a decade but eventually they're not gonna be able to put off retirement any more and they'll still have no savings

They will just die at work

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

i usually do two brackets -- one is from when they first come out, and one is later after i've had some time to digest

i ended up with the same final and final four in both. kansas vs msu. I would give that match up to Kansas 60% of the time (assuming Kansas gets that far.)

it's a pretty wide open field though, and there's a number of teams that have an okay chance.

they did such a lovely job of seeding though. yikes.

i went with the sooners vs msu, but i feel like them vs kansas is going to be very close. i tend to just go with my gut and do one bracket and use the cursory knowledge of basketball i've picked up while watching the gophers fail miserably.

:agreed: on the seeds

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

good morning new thread

its march madness!

Hooray zone defense and 40 second possessions !

Zzzzz

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Soup du Jour posted:

msu for me

Arizona!!!

kidding, it's Virginia

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

zoux posted:

KS is loving stacked

kansas is very good -- though they lack a clear super star (they have a lot of really good players); but they also have some weaknesses and some not good losses (like a month ago). it's also been, you know, a halmark of the bill self era to get bounced early. they have easily one of the tougher brackets of any overall 1 seed in recent memory.

uconn is good, and playing their basketball; maryland has the potential to be very good but has been inconsistent the last month of the season; Cal has some really great freshman that are very talented, but also inconsistent; Miami, Arizona and Iowa are all very talented and have played at a very high level at times; 'Nova plexes me greatly. Jay Wright is a great guy who I really like and respect, but Nova's style and him are :yikes: in the tournament, but assuming they could get to the E8, they could easily play with Kansas.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

My first round of golf in 5 months is going about as well as Jeb!'s campaign.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

Zzzzz

yeah they really need to cut the shot clock

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

euphronius posted:

Zzzzz

oh hello there dude who hasn't watched college basketball at all this year.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

kansas is very good -- though they lack a clear super star (they have a lot of really good players); but they also have some weaknesses and some not good losses (like a month ago). it's also been, you know, a halmark of the bill self era to get bounced early. they have easily one of the tougher brackets of any overall 1 seed in recent memory.

uconn is good, and playing their basketball; maryland has the potential to be very good but has been inconsistent the last month of the season; Cal has some really great freshman that are very talented, but also inconsistent; Miami, Arizona and Iowa are all very talented and have played at a very high level at times; 'Nova plexes me greatly. Jay Wright is a great guy who I really like and respect, but Nova's style and him are :yikes: in the tournament, but assuming they could get to the E8, they could easily play with Kansas.

What about Perry Ellis who's a threat to drop a double double or design a line of affordable yet stylish men's business wear.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

zoux posted:

yeah they really need to cut the shot clock

30 seconds is fine. the average possession time went down, and scores went up.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

good morning new thread

its march madness!

or as I like to call it, march mansex. yeah lol i know

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Page four as in four days until I am back at work. Murica.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

zoux posted:

What about Perry Ellis who's a threat to drop a double double or design a line of affordable yet stylish men's business wear.

Perry Ellis is good, but I don't think he's a super star who's going to take a game over the way, for example, Buddy Heild or Valentine do.

Kansas is playing really well right now though, and their guard play is fantastic. Their biggest weakness is on the low post.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

euphronius posted:

They will just die at work

hell, same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Josh Lyman posted:

My first round of golf in 5 months is going about as well as Jeb!'s campaign.
is it fun to watch how other's play?

• Locked thread