Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
lol rip belgian liberalism

sacrificed on the altar of bein fraid of them arabs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

this professor i work for explained that churchill only disliked gandhi because he disrupted the war effort

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

"america should have just invaded the soviet union after ww2"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i hate this loving retarded professor

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

"we should have nuked them quickly and then there wouldn't have been a cold war"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Sharkie posted:

maybe we should have nuked ourselves. maybe it would have been a gesture of transcendent beauty.

true jjustice

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

also he told me that hispanic students are ruining the university because they don't care about grades

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

"people say quality of life is better in switzerland than in america but I've been there and they never smile. europeans don't even know what happiness is."

"everything is expensive there! how can people be happy!"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Is he saying this poo poo in class or is he just unloading on you in office hours because he thinks you agree, like a racist in a bar that looks over his shoulder before he starts quoting stormfront at the nearest white guy

everything else was said in class but yes the hispanics thing was an office hour thing

for some reason the professors i work for always feel like i'll be sympathetic to their disgust for minorities

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

"i'd have tenure right now if i was a gay black woman!!!"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

cause if theres one place in which white men can't get ahead its a history department in texas

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

someone asked about the founding fathers and slavery

"george washington freed all his slaves on his deathbed"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i swear to god if i hear someone spout that consensus history bullshit one more time i'm gonna get real mad

only disingenous retards hold that poo poo up

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Tortoiseburger posted:

Is your prof David Barton?

he doesnt seem to be a closeted pedophile so i don't think so

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

fishmech posted:

but seriously young dadchats, he's not talking like a vhs, he means these fuckers:

they're pretty small and each store at least 2.5 TB before compression is applied. like about 4 inches by 4 inches by an inch.

oh, a backup tape. literally didnt know they made those anymore

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Attractive, intelligent and/or talented, and not-terrible political views.

Previously was Emily Blunt, but she's not doing it for me anymore.

nic cage

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

tess of the d'animes

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

tess what r ur thots on flcl season 2

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

anyone who likes orson scott card is a bad person

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Majorian posted:

yeah, i discovered that, although "treason" was a particularly fascinating trainwreck. i had to keep reading it to see how deep card's bizarre psychological rabbit hole went, even if i didn't know what i was looking at at the age of 13 or whatever.

reading the summary is bringing back memories of it, and boy, it is a hosed-up book by a hosed-up man.

OSC's hamlet is like reading testimony at a pedophilia trial

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

card read hamlet and the only explanation he could find for people acting the way they did was that they got raped a bunch as children

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

on the other hand at least card isnt piers anthony, whose books read like evidence at a pedo trial

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i got mad respect for charles dickens even if i don't really like his books.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

when dickens visited america he went out into the slums of nyc because he wanted to see how america treated its poor

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

pohl was cool scifi writer i like pohl

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i really loving like Dracula and its funny when people make SUBVERSIVE REINTERPRETATIONS of dracula by making it sexy when the original was all about sex

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

*while reading the part where dracula rapes mina* but what if i added a sexual subtext???

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i always think of james white's sector general because he write this crazy pacifist medical drama in space but because it was the 60s they still won't let women be doctors

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jagchosis posted:

in princeton he absolutely never got laid by other students there because he was universally reviled but on the debate circuit he allegedly had a reputation as a "lady's man" amongst the nerd debaters but no one has been able to confirm the veracity of this bold claim. i can't imagine he got laid in law school

"you say you dont want to gently caress me because i'm a horrible monster. sorry... thats ad hominem"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i found a flat-earther song book

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

are they going to put 2 of every animal in it

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

the world's shittiest zoo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

the notorious dcc

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i did 9/11

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Aeryk posted:

president bush?

i'm actually saddam hussein! bush was right!!!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

Big Bird is a character on the children's television show Sesame Street. Officially performed by Caroll Spinney since 1969, he is an eight-foot two-inch (249 cm) tall bright primrose-yellow bird.[2] He can roller skate, ice skate, dance, swim, sing, write poetry, draw, and even ride a unicycle. But despite this wide array of talents, he is prone to frequent misunderstandings, on one occasion even singing the alphabet as one big long word (from the song called "ABC-DEF-GHI," pronounced /ębkədefgi:dʒekəlmɪnɒpkɔ:rstu:vwɪksɪz/), pondering what it could ever mean. He lives in a large nest behind the 123 Sesame Street brownstone and has a teddy bear named Radar.

In 2000, Big Bird was named a Living Legend by the United States Library of Congress.[3]

how is he a living legend hes not real

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Chomskyan posted:

Also lol at Neil Degrasse Tyson appearing in the movie to compare Superman to Galileo or whatever

recently he attacked biologists for saying some species dont evolve to enjoy sex

his justification was, people like sex

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

gently caress neil degrass tyson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

ndt is the thomas friedman of physicists

hot, flat, and negatively charged