Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

hi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i agree with telling science man to shut up
yeah he should know his place

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

i hope ndt never stops tweeting

he's normally fine, but if you tweet that much and with no filter as he often does, eventually you are going to say something stupid

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Who What Now posted:

Didn't he tweet that like three or four days ago? Goddamn, people are still talking about it?

leftists love nothing more then tearing down one of their own for wrongthink

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*nods*

son

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Who What Now posted:

Nothing says "whites with too much time and money on their hands" like golf.

lots of other people play golf too

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

ZenVulgarity posted:

Juba II of Mauretania joins Gaius Caesar in Armenia as a military advisor. It is during this period that he meets Glaphyra, a Cappadocian princess and the former wife of Alexandros of Judea, a brother of Herod Archelaus, ethnarch of Judea, and becomes enamoured of her.

you should try going backwards with BC this time

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

golf has at least some cross cultural appeal. i know non-white people who are very into playing the game, and there are golf courses in very not white parts of the country that do just fine. A used set of clubs is not really all that expensive, and a round at a more economical course is like 15-20 bucks, which is doable for a lot of people. not much different then a movie and food.

watching golf is basically the whitest thing since sliced bread.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

im the receeding hairline coupled with a mullet in 2016

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Gravel Gravy posted:

Burn Chicago

But does that include the golf carts or do people lug around a golf bag for miles? It seems at $15-20 they wouldn't assign you a caddy.

At a cheap course i know of, a cart tacks on 15 bucks. walking your bag is commonly done, you can carry it or get a little dolly thing to wheel it around and it adds a nice long walk outside to the day.

sudo rm -rf posted:

i cannot help but feel like golf is booj af

it still p much is, but nothing like polo

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

good morning new thread

its march madness!

it is, looking forward to the end of the work day so i can watch some games

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Literally The Worst posted:

Your monitor is still off

We cannot take you anywhere

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

As long as its illegal its an idiot test for the company. If you can't avoid smoking weed during a job search, you also likely make a bunch of other poor choices.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

i am th eonly one in the office. i think i am going to the pub in union get a bear and some tendies and watch baskeball.

sounds like a plan but i'll just take a beer please

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Aeryk posted:

2016 is shaping up to be one of the strangest years of my adult life

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

YAAASSS QUEEN is loving annoying as hell and i do not care how unwoke that makes me.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

mdemone posted:

Where did Yaaaas come from anyway? Like whichever group popularized it, where did they get it? Or did it just organically pop up?

i do not care, whoever did it was wrong and its loving stupid

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Rafza posted:

im almost certain it originated from a youtube vlogger, but idk

e: Although the phrase purportedly comes from ballroom culture, a gay drag queen dance subculture from the 1980s, its internet origin is easy to pinpoint. According to Urban Dictionary[1], the phrase Yaass came to prominence after a YouTube video that was posted on August 21st, 2013, of a young man screaming at Lady Gaga as she emerges for paparazzi cameras. The video gained 340,854 views as of April 22nd, 2015.

im so glad i wasted 20 seconds looking this up, what is wrong with me

gently caress this guy

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Badger of Basra posted:

Washington has a very good football team but it doesn’t have to be called the Redskins,” Sanders said.

this is worse than any lie hillary has ever told

he is clearly senile

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Rollofthedice posted:

when it comes to my favorite artists it's some sort of 3-way tie between Grimes, FKA Twigs, and Janelle Monae

with florence and the machine and carly rae jepsen rounding out the top 5

smdh

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

UberJew posted:

i can abide metal but metal fans are the worst

i like nightwish

why? compared to fans of most other kinds of music, how are they any worse?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

you've done this before so im specifically not feeding you lol

still more fun to talk about then the price increse request email im reading

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

UberJew posted:

if this is an honest question read the metal thread in nmd and your question will be answered inside of the opening post and thoroughly verified by the rest of the first page

i read exactly 0 music threads on the something awful forums and do not consider them representative of the population

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

UberJew posted:

also i guess nmd isn't really a fair example because that thread isn't anywhere near as aggressively racist as most metal fans are in my experience

the only racists i ever meet are skinhead idiots at the show to hit people. Metal fans pretty uniformly eviscerated phil anselmo for doing a nazi salute a couple months ago, and so did other musicians. tons of people other then whites love the music, especially latin people.

im sure depending on where you are though, it can get a lot worse.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

UberJew posted:

my experience with metal fans has been the white people most likely to be very loud and insistent about how much they don't like rap and how rap isn't real music

but then this is california so we don't really have country available as the racist headquarters of music

This was me when i was 17, for sure. I wore a giant RAP SUCKS t shirt to a show in like 2001. I honestly never thought that way because of it being associated with black people, it was because it was popular and what all the popular kids at school listened too. we hated eminem more then any other rapper due to his giant popularity at the time.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Popular Thug Drink posted:

here in atlanta you'll see a pretty substantial number of non white folks at metal shows, i get the sense that the teenage black kids who show up are actively rebelling against hip hop or w/e

the number of young black kids has been growing here in detroit too. some local band with a black kid as the lead singer loving crushed it a couple months ago opening for gwar and he was mobbed after their set with people wanting to talk to him. dude was fat as hell but had poo poo tons of charisma and had the crowd going surprisingly nuts for a local opener.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

site posted:

You were a dumb kid.

sorry to tell you this, but pretty much everyone is a complete idiot at 17. now i enjoy rap a lot and have really enjoyed going back and listening to poo poo i missed when i was younger.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

ThirdPartyView posted:

Cokehead of the Year, IMHO.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

paranoid randroid posted:

Hello Dave. I have objectively determined that Gillian Anderson is the most attractive woman in history.

...god drat it, MILLENNIALTRON

this checks out

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

A Winner is Jew posted:

so... would you put your brain in a robot body?

i want to be adrienne barbeaubot

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

this poo poo is why we have no loving hope as a civilization. all that will come of this is more poor people will be oppressed, and eventually one of them will be a loving piece of poo poo and do something like this again, because this is how we solve our differences, with more violence and death, forever.

gently caress everything

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Badger of Basra posted:

lol at aipac ted cruz said "ah, palestinians aren't real :smug:" and everyone cheered like crazy

my cynicism is reaching critical mass today

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Badger of Basra posted:

it's weird how everyone is going to care a lot about this but not at all about the two bombings in turkey

Turkey has had multiple similar incidents in recent months. In people's minds, its already shifting to "a place where those things happen." Each time a new place has such an attack, its a shock to people as yet another "safe" place is removed from the list.

Same way we stopped giving a gently caress about dead soldiers after a while in Iraq and Afghanistan, but a dude died a few days ago and was front page news since its been awhile.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

My cat does that all the time

I saw it

I saw it all

i've seen everything

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Berke Negri posted:

is anyone in uspol asking does this mean trump will win now

its not going to hurt his chances

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Berke Negri posted:

please remember that Benghazi, that most solemn of days, happened like on 9/11 two months before the election of 2012

and it did not hurt romney's chances of winning

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

it did not help him.

never said it would

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

comes along bort posted:

sour diesel x ak47

i've got some of that sour, its good

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

zoux posted:

these poor bastards are getting so strung along

once the momentum from michigan fizzled into nothing that was it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Badger of Basra posted:

this is also his nickname

• Locked thread