Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Skippy McPants posted:

They're powerful because ethics divergence is the biggest limiting factor to empire expansion in the current build of the game, and those two combos do the most to mitigate it. In the case of Spiritualist/Collectivist you manage it through brute force, using policies and tech to force ethics compliance, and Individualist/Materialist just straight up doesn't give a gently caress because their empire bonus flat out negates the effects of divergence.

If you want to have fun with the game as it exists right now, I'd go for Individualist/Materialist. Ethics divergence is not a fun mechanic to manage, and being able to ignore it is a big plus.

Heh, now I know what you mean. I was quite successful using happiness to combat this problem. Unfortunately, that means going democracy all the time, which is boring too. Also, the charismatic trait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

ZypherIM posted:

Bigger ships comes through researching bigger spaceports in the physics tree. It might take a couple upgrades to it before you unlock the next hull, I don't remember the exact progression. However, each size upgrade will increase your fleet capacity.

Minor nitpick - spaceports are in the technology tree.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Wiz posted:

Yes, she means Primitive Civilizations and Stone Age civs are changed to work like the rest of the primitives in Banks.

Your staff haven't mastered Twitter-fu to your level yet, I hope you're giving them lessons in Tweeting.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Patch 1.5 has made previously saved threads uncompatible, please post in the new thread at
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806554

• Locked thread