Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
johan pls

:homebrew:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Phlegmish posted:

hypothetical casuals
The pro ethos choice.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Phlegmish posted:

Haha yeah gently caress those hypothetical casuals
Where's the casuals coming from?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Baronjutter posted:

They already know humans will be by far the most popular race to play. I'm sure within months they'll release stats saying 70% of players play some sort of "custom human". So some rather human-centric DLC should hopefully come down the pipes. Although stuff like portraits and clothing should be within modders easy reach. Just grab the big HUMAN CLOTHING PACK, or of course the most popular content on the forums, the human portrait pack that is 100% white people with slightly nazi-esq fashion.

You hear this about single player RPGs as well. 90% of the playerbase are humans. It's one of those silent majority things to me - I've maybe met ONE person who always plays as a human.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
What're the workshop rules for derivative content? Plain nogo?

Mostly asking since you know the first¹ mod in the game will be adding all the Star Control 2 races.

¹ Other possible first mods: Culture Ship Names, Spaze Byzantium, Space Touhous, the inevitable mod that makes all the aliens naked with oversized mammary glands even if they're not mammalian and so clearly wouldn't have them.

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009
Don't forget the inevitable Anime portrait mod.

kittiesgomeow
Oct 13, 2008

This avatar cost on average $27.
Paradox is supposed to be doing a live stream right now: https://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive.

I checked it out, it played for a bit (just a placeholder screen) and then stopped, but it should be back up.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Stream's starting right now.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Please add patch EUIV so you have a random chance of being uplifted by slug people in 1562. Okay, thanks.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

dublish posted:

The stream is sputtering right now. Something screwy is going on with a connection somewhere.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

dublish posted:

It's not currently doing a very good job of it. C'mon cKnoor, we believe in you.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Super pumped. In the video I saw, a lot of galactic civ stuff in here which is good, just deeper and better developed. So pumped.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Xerophyte posted:

What're the workshop rules for derivative content? Plain nogo?

Mostly asking since you know the first¹ mod in the game will be adding all the Star Control 2 races.

¹ Other possible first mods: Culture Ship Names, Spaze Byzantium, Space Touhous, the inevitable mod that makes all the aliens naked with oversized mammary glands even if they're not mammalian and so clearly wouldn't have them.

Space Serbia, because Serbia is forever.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Space Serbia-Byzantium.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
It's up again but it lags like hell.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Game ded.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
I just want that hat.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

In space, no one can hear you stream :(

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Orv posted:

Game ded.

It's true, all we have are JPEGs :negative:

Twitch seems to be having issues, at least I think it's them, video should be posted on youtube later anyway.

I mostly play as humans (purge the xeno!), but I can't help but love this alien's face:

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Wiz is live!

Orv
May 4, 2011

Darkrenown posted:

It's true, all we have are JPEGs :negative:

:mad:

Yeah Twitch seems to be hosed on all fronts right now, pretty weird. Maybe we're due for another Day Without The Internet.

"PLANT"

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
PLANT type.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

Lord Tywin posted:

Wiz is live!

Wiz and cKnoor even. See, Let's Play superstardom will get you places!

Also, funguspeople are awesome.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I approve of the poo aliens.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Blorg DLC when?

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Poor Blorg :smith:

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

I hope the Blorg find lots of people to be their friends.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Sentient poop lava, the saddest race.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
I'm about to do myself harm :flashfap:ing to this stream.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pirate flags

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Wow this looks pretty good

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
It's up! :supaburn:

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
I was on the shortlist to co-host this stream at some point (goon nepotism), but I'm really glad it ended up being Wiz instead (goon nepotism) because he is killing it with these Fungoids.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

god i feel uncomfortable staring at the pulsating blorg

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

IS that wiz with the cool grey-patch beard? I had a friend with a beard like that, looked like he was always drinking gray paint and drooling it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
How long is this stream actually going to be? :raise:

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Baronjutter posted:

IS that wiz with the cool grey-patch beard? I had a friend with a beard like that, looked like he was always drinking gray paint and drooling it.

That's former LP superstar cknoor.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

LordMune posted:

I was on the shortlist to co-host this stream at some point (goon nepotism), but I'm really glad it ended up being Wiz instead (goon nepotism) because he is killing it with these Fungoids.

Do basically all the devs want to host these streams and you all fight over it then?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Is it going up on YouTube straight afterwards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
20 AI civs by default, looks like up to 40 :aaaaa: Gonna own.

• Locked thread