Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Don't expect the FA to make a decision this week, they have another group of experts from other sports coming in to consult next week. Also someone is now briefing against Big Sam to the hacks in order to try and slow the flow of opinion pieces on why he's the man for the job.

I had never heard the story about why Big Sam fell out of favour with the FA last time he was in the frame which must have been pre Hodgson : They asked him to do a presentation about his thoughts on the team and how they would play, but when he showed up they didn't have a copy of powerpoint so couldn't run his slide show. Apparently they felt this was Sam showing them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Big Sam's fault IMO. PowerPoint is boring. Bring on iPads and VR headsets. England needs a modern man.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
this was like 10 years ago, when powerpoint was vaguely modern.

I can totally believe that big sam is not enough of a yes man for them.

in retrospect with his personality Terry Venables seems like a maverick choice, although I suppose he had managed Barcelona and was a very good manager.

If we get Steve Bruce over big sam... loving hell..

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Steve Bruce's big pitch was apparently that he would have Alan Shearer as his number two to groom him for the position.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Skinty McEdger posted:

Steve Bruce's big pitch was apparently that he would have Alan Shearer as his number two to groom him for the position.

What could possibly go wrong

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

Presumably after Steve Bruce they'll be interviewing Adam Johnson then?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36850753

IT'S HAPPENING!

Big Andy will be back in the England shirt in no time

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
ITS BIG SAM!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36850753

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Hallelujah

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
we did it

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
its coming home

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Congratulations England

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
gently caress you europe, get ready for england to play like the cunts we are :twisted:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Solid

like a solid poo

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Thank gently caress.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Good, we'll either win the World Cup or go out in a blaze of shite football

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

EvilHawk posted:

Good, we'll either win the World Cup or go out in a blaze of shite football

You definitely won't get relegated

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Tough luck for any of those entitled West Ham fans who thought they'd seen the back of Big Sam forever

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

I feel for My Friends Sunderland. Now not only do they have to find a new manager, they have to find a second one to get them out of the mess the first one will make by Christmas

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Monday Bandele posted:

Tough luck for any of those entitled West Ham fans who thought they'd seen the back of Big Sam forever

I love everything that Big Sam does apart from manage football teams. I don't have to watch his side play week-in-week-out anymore but still get to watch him wind up foreign managers and generally be a oval office. It's win/win

Plus, maybe a West Ham player will actually play for England now.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Blue Star Error posted:

I feel for My Friends Sunderland. Now not only do they have to find a new manager, they have to find a second one to get them out of the mess the first one will make by Christmas

Big Sam might be available by then

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I still believe

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
phwoar Big Andy Carroll knocking down goal kicks for Little Jermain Defoe forever

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
My only regret is that Big Sam doesn't get to out-tactic Pep Guardiola

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
This is a surprisingly good decision.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Blue Star Error posted:

https://vine.co/v/Oxm9nreYBua

has said he wants the job

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Well done.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
There are going to be much better managers than Big Sam available within like 6 months. Seems like the FA could've appointed a caretaker and waited until Spurs collapse to get Poch.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I never thought I'd live to see this glorious day

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
superb superb decision, i could easily see england making it past algeria or slovenia or iceland next world cup now

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Boys

It's coming home

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Pissflaps posted:

Boys

It's coming home

I believe!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

What's gonna be Big Sam's first XI for England

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is he quitting Sunderland or double jobbing?

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

julian assflange posted:

Quitting, FA need to compensate them as he had a year left on his contract

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
They still won't win poo poo lol

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I look forward to the press calling him Big Same after failing to get results

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I just hope Allardyce doesn't get ideas above his station and thinks he's Allardici. I want him playing lovely route one football with bit cunts up front and at the back. Also possibly in the midfield.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Monday Bandele posted:

Hey as one of them entitled West Ham fans who hated Sam as West Ham manager I'm overjoyed to see him as England manager.

Wait Kevin Nolan is definitely too old for an England callup isn't he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

julian assflange posted:

Bringing it home is a full time job.

• Locked thread