Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Fascinating line up from the ppl who make up marks out of ten for players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Breath Ray posted:

Fascinating line up from the ppl who make up marks out of ten for players

a (advance-statistically) sensible XI is Spurs, Leiceisteir, Everton, Watford and Stoke players, with only one ManU wasteman. We live in interesting times

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
not sure if it should go here or the weekend web thread really

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/712598560068530176

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

not sure if it should go here or the weekend web thread really

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/712598560068530176

What the gently caress

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Dier?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Southgate

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

dex_sda posted:

a (advance-statistically) sensible XI is Spurs, Leiceisteir, Everton, Watford and Stoke players, with only one ManU wasteman. We live in interesting times

odd to see no arsenal players there given how theyve overachieved this season with a guaranteed top 3 finish. but that is down to injuries I suppose

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Breath Ray posted:

odd to see no arsenal players there given how theyve overachieved this season with a guaranteed top 3 finish. but that is down to injuries I suppose

Arsenal's English players are turds.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

blue footed boobie posted:

Arsenal's English players are turds.

thats nonsense. walcott has a goal every four games and Danny wrlrbck already has 7 in 30

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Gibbs is ok when he's not broken

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

a modern day paul ince, clearly

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Why does everyone love Wilshere so much

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Brendan Rodgers posted:

because no other English person can play a through pass while running

except Dele Alli and Barkley I guess.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Brendan Rodgers posted:

He's the only decent technical footballer in England. Shame he's dumb as a brush and made of matchsticks.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Spangly A posted:

because no other English person can play a through pass while running

neither can wilshere

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
:ohdear:

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

People choosing Walker over Clyne are dumb imo. Clyne has had one bad game all season, against United the other day, and has easily been our most consistent player. Walker is a brainless moron who happens to be a good athlete.

Also I would really rather Sturridge not play for England this Euro. Kane and Vardy have to go and you know Hodgson will take Rooney and Welbeck so it's not like he has to go.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

walker and rose are part of the best defense in the league

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Kyle Walker is the best right back in the Premier League not named Seamus Coleman.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Ewar Woowar posted:

Clyne [...] bad [...]all season [...] a brainless moron who happens to be a good athlete.

Checks out. He has no sense of defensive positioning and the only good thing Clyne has besides being fast is that he sometimes runs into weird places in the centre which other English fullbacks don't do as much.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
hmmm you bnoth make good arguments. depends if you think he performs well surrounded by bad defenders or being surrounded by bad defenders make it look like hes performing well by comparison..im going to have to sleep onthis one

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Breath Ray posted:

hmmm you bnoth make good arguments. depends if you think he performs well surrounded by bad defenders or being surrounded by bad defenders make it look like hes performing well by comparison..im going to have to sleep onthis one

He's plays for Liverpool and England, it's bad defenders all the way down.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

elbkaida posted:

Checks out. He has no sense of defensive positioning and the only good thing Clyne has besides being fast is that he sometimes runs into weird places in the centre which other English fullbacks don't do as much.

Completely wrong, Clyne is Mr Reliable. It like you're just considering any type of forward run to be a lack of defensive positioning when the fact is that Clyne has been solid for 99% of this lovely season surrounded by lovely players.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Have any of you seen Walker play for England?

We've been pretty inconsistent all season but Clyne has been great. Defensively he's one of the best fullbacks we've had in a long time.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Clyne is v good but I hope he doesn't play for England so that he can take a relaxing summer off and be fit as a fiddle for next season which is Our Year.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

imagine being all geared up to play for your country and you're finally in the locker room before your first big match and you turn to the manager to get pumped up...and its roy loving hodgson

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

straight up brolic posted:

imagine being all geared up to play for your country and you're finally in the locker room before your first big match and you turn to the manager to get pumped up...and its roy loving hodgson

Yeah I don't think Roy does blood bags

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

straight up brolic posted:

imagine being all geared up to play for your country and you're finally in the locker room before your first big match and you turn to the manager and he says sorry jamie, wayne is starting over you

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
did anyone else read that as sharting

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
no, but thanks for the insight into your kinks

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
Roy is cool and I'm sorry you guys can't handle how great he really is

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
It's coming home.

It's coming home.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Pissflaps posted:

It's coming home.

It's coming home.

What is?

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Adam Johnson.

In 2022.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Because he is really good. Its just that his legs are made of cheese.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

WanderingKid posted:

He's alright. He wasn't even starting for arsenal before he died. He's got talent, but he's a bit of a weird player who doesn't fit any one position.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

england are definitely the favorites before a football is kicked

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

WanderingKid posted:

He really isn't that good.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

This is the starting XI for the Germany game...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

That team can't string 2 passes together..

• Locked thread