Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Cut out the middle man and throw money at Bielsa. You'll get high-effort, attractive football and that's really what England fans want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Honestly John Terry could probably do a job

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Sampaoli just took the Sevilla job, otherwise he'd be great for England

GMEEOORH
Mar 12, 2012

Ewar Woowar posted:

Failing that get Hiddink to take over with some young English manager as his assistant to take his place when he retires.
lol, are you his agent or his mum? Hiddink is loving trash. He hasnīt had a good result this decade and his last 3 national team jobs have ended with not even qualifying for tournaments. Twice despite being overwhelming favourites.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
i still believe

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

poo poo Farm posted:

i still believe

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
Guardian reporting the FA is going to interview Big Sam Allardyce in the next few days.

We have to hope those talks are successful as if they aren't their other option is Klinsmann.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ukle posted:

Guardian reporting the FA is going to interview Big Sam Allardyce in the next few days.

We have to hope those talks are successful as if they aren't their other option is Klinsmann.

Quite, Portugal have just shown that one nilling your way to the cup final is a workable solution, I'd have taken it in a heart beat.

We can't have a german who is currently managing the US Mens National Team.

loving hell the FA sort it out.

Anyway, Euros over thread over.

It didn't come home, never was.

Ciao bellas

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Dont' close threads when you can still discuss you're terrible management situation, OP.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I see the rumors now involve Steve Bruce taking over.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
it doesnt matter who takes over because: its coming home

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Getting Hodgson out was just the first step in it coming home. Big Sam in.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Lmao I can't wait

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Big Sam has not been contacted.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Gigi Galli posted:

Dont' close threads when you can still discuss you're terrible management situation, OP.

you are a cruel man GG

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I still believe.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Pissflaps posted:

I still believe.

In what?

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I hope it's "Big" Sam Allardyce

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Did anyone say "lol Allardyce" yet?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Sam Aloldyce

Lollardyce

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
If his name was Allardici he would've already been hired and fired from the England job and would be working in Azerbaijan or Thailand by now.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Would love Allardyce tbh

Let England oval office it up

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Humphrey Vasel posted:

I hope it's "Big" Sam Allardyce

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36783415

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
The only thing that sucks about this is we won't see pep vs sam.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Sam Allardyce has never won a trophy, and he's still the best English manager the FA could hope to get. What has happened to the home of football?

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Humphrey Vasel posted:

The only thing that sucks about this is we won't see pep vs sam.

It's gonna be a real battle to see who plays Sterling and Hart the least

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Sam Allardyce has never won a trophy, and he's still the best English manager the FA could hope to get. What has happened to the home of football?

You don't need to win trophies to be a winner, but he is a winner.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
They're talking to steve bruce for the england job :shepface:

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Makes sense to get someone in who has experience managing Championship level players

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Was Big Sam not a good fit, how is Bruce any better

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Vegetable posted:

Was Big Sam not a good fit, how is Bruce any better

One of the selectors has been talking about it being very important to get a manager that makes the team play to the philosophy they have in mind, which is like Barcelona.

Also apparently they were upset that Sunderland were urging them to hurry up and make a decision so they could sort out their management situation if they need to.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Skinty McEdger posted:

One of the selectors has been talking about it being very important to get a manager that makes the team play to the philosophy they have in mind, which is like Barcelona.

Also apparently they were upset that Sunderland were urging them to hurry up and make a decision so they could sort out their management situation if they need to.

lol loving chucklefucks

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Skinty McEdger posted:

This is hilarious.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Steve Bruce, unironically being asked about the England job, they most important job in the universe: "Tika Taka? I hardly knew her!"

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
i still believe

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I want Big Sam not his partially deflated cousin

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

HJB posted:

I want Big Sam not his partially deflated cousin

lol

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Why aren't they turning up at Bielsa's secret compound with wheelbarrows full of money and the keys to every FA establishment?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Monday Bandele posted:

Why aren't they turning up at Bielsa's secret compound with wheelbarrows full of money and the keys to every FA establishment?

Because the FA want a man whom they can control. Which is why Big Sam seems to be falling out of the running.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
As long as there's a fresh supply of beach balls at every England match they'll be in good hands

• Locked thread