Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Watching an England fan waiting on an ambulance at a Wetherspoons because his home made bedsheet England flag cloak got stuck in a door as he walked through it and he near enough strangled himself. Best fans in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I'm going to do a sad shake of my head if Kane is taking the corners again.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Kane is a real confidence player though, I don't know how you rebuild his confidence after the last two performances particularly as he almost certainly has to be dropped now.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Why are they talking about giving woy a new contract if we get to the quarters :negative:

Because he doesn't argue with the brass and allows them to do things like get rid of the existing medical team setup without running to the papers.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

From yesterdays press conference.

Reporter: "How would you define success at this tournament?"

Roy: 'It's not an intelligent question – I don't mean to insult you – but it's not a question for coaches. All we can do is prepare teams, because what is success and what is not success, depends on many things. It's not really so simple.

'We could play ridiculously badly, look like a poor team, but sneak our way through to what people think is a successful position; or we could be really unlucky, play quite well and fall foul of a bad refereeing decision, an injury, or something that happens in a game of football, like we did against Russia.

'All of a sudden does that mean the team is doing really badly because they conceded a goal in the 92nd minute after giving a good performance; or is it satisfactory because you can see how the team is doing and that bodes well for the future. Who knows?"

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Papers seems to be under the impression that Kane will definitely be back in the starting 11 next game, and probably Sterling.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I like that the lessons from the first three games were to do the same poo poo again only this time it will work.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Unironically Big Sam is the best pick for your lot. Turning every game into a wet Tuesday at Stoke is probably the best chance because you're never going to beat the technical teams at their own game.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Fair few whispers today in the press that Brendan Rodgers is the FA's favoured pick at this point.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

The papers latest round of drawing an English managers name from the hat has had a catch as the scrap of paper with Eddie Howe's name on it got caught up with the one with Harry Redknapp on it and now they're presenting the dual manager situation as a viable solution.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Vegetable posted:

Was Big Sam not a good fit, how is Bruce any better

One of the selectors has been talking about it being very important to get a manager that makes the team play to the philosophy they have in mind, which is like Barcelona.

Also apparently they were upset that Sunderland were urging them to hurry up and make a decision so they could sort out their management situation if they need to.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Don't expect the FA to make a decision this week, they have another group of experts from other sports coming in to consult next week. Also someone is now briefing against Big Sam to the hacks in order to try and slow the flow of opinion pieces on why he's the man for the job.

I had never heard the story about why Big Sam fell out of favour with the FA last time he was in the frame which must have been pre Hodgson : They asked him to do a presentation about his thoughts on the team and how they would play, but when he showed up they didn't have a copy of powerpoint so couldn't run his slide show. Apparently they felt this was Sam showing them up.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Steve Bruce's big pitch was apparently that he would have Alan Shearer as his number two to groom him for the position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Thank gently caress.

• Locked thread