Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
That kit is loving horrendous. How hard is it to make it all white?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
England would be quite decent if they played completely on the counter. They have the players to do it now and they're mostly pretty decent

gently caress trying to dictate games imo. Just kill teams with pace

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Dier?

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Gibbs is ok when he's not broken

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Sterling would be playing on the right if he wasn't injured yes?

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Rooney can gently caress off and retire imo

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Hope you guys can't wait for Rooney to start every game at the euros

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

sebzilla posted:

England are poo poo and will struggle through the groups to go out against the first decent side they face.

Agree op

But Milner, Walcott and Stones can gently caress off imo

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Delph and Jones? Jones is a liability. Jagielka should be going over him

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

sassassin posted:

There's a good first 11 in that squad and nothing more.

Not if they shoehorn Rooney in.

He was talking poo poo today about how he wants to play holding midfield for the euros. Like he has the temperament for that role or the positioning and ability to intercept.

Rashford, Delph and Stones should be cut imo

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Dier can always play there. He's a good lad that means well

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

code:
hart
clyne cahill smalling rose
dier
Drinkwater wilshere
Alli 
kane vardy

Or

code:

hart
clyne cahill smalling rose
Dier wilshere 
Alli 
Lallana kane sterling

Cool and good

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

I still believe lads

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Wilshere is great when he's not a broken mess. Would have him over Henderson and Milner any day of the week

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Rooney should only play in qualifiers when he can bang in penalties against san marino and Slovenia imo

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

loving Garth Brooks

I meant crooks but gently caress it

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Vardy and Kane need to start every match imo

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Apart from the poo poo defence, England have some proper tasty strikers to choose from

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Jose posted:

drinkwater and townsend are out of the squad

You gotta feel bad for Drinkwater. He was dropped for someone who played three times all season and two players who played in a team that finished 8th

I'd just retire. gently caress it

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Insanely Sikh posted:

Joking aside I genuinely think England will do wheely well

If anything they should be outscoring every team they play. They have the best strikers in the competition

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

You can't play Rooney, Alli, Vardy and Kane all at the same time. Someone who's not Rooney needs to be benched

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Lol fair play to woy, he's consistent at least

Only way Rooney doesn't play is if he gets injured.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

I'd like to see a song from the Arsenal fan who always makes songs up for Giroud

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Didn't see this posted - the FA fought for the england band to be able to bring their instruments into the stadium

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...t-a7072566.html

Why...

They are universally hated. Wankers

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

I am looking forward to Rooney loving up the attack for Vardy and Kane again

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

2-2 it will end. You heard it here first

Hopefully Rooney gets injured in the warm-up

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

EvilHawk posted:

Cross posting for all you beautiful patriots

England team to play Russia: Hart, Walker, Cahill, Smalling, Rose; Alli, Dier, Rooney; Sterling, Kane, Lallana

Garbage tier midfield

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

I'm sure shoehorning Rooney into midfield will work tonight lads. Who needs an actual midfielder

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Love this. poo poo movie though

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Hoops posted:

You're a weird dude

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Maybe the owl faced oval office will start Vardy in the next game

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

Kane was poor tonight imo, anonymous and only good play he made was the dummy for Dier

Should've come off when we scored really

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

cadfael posted:

"Harry Kane took six corners in the game, only one fewer than he managed in his 38 Premier League games in 2015-16."

"Kane did not have a single touch in the opposition box against Russia."

I assume the only replacement was Vardy for Kane, but given the formation and Kane's strengths/performance, im not convinced it would have made a tangible difference. Tactics isnt my forte, but is Vardy's absence a more general dig at the formation?

Would've made the most sense. They started pushing forward after they scored. Two cbs with a combined age of 70 and Vardy couldn't even get on to run at them. Kane was garbage

Vardy needs to start against Wales

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

madey posted:

I wouldn't be too unhappy with an unchanged side. perhaps Wilshere for Alli and push rooney further forward?

Vardy over Kane

Everything else the same imo

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

My favourite stat was he took like 6 corners against Russia compared to the 7 or so he took for the whole season with Tottenham

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

I'm watching in the office gently caress it.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Breath Ray posted:

what snacks is everyone preparing for this one? im going to go with that old standby, beer and Marmite flavour cashew nuts

I have a chicken sandwich and a curly wurly. Beat that

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

EvilHawk posted:

I've got a burger king because I am a stereotypical goon

England unchanged since last game, god I hope Roy makes some intelligent subs this time

Kane and Sterling were poo poo last game. Better start them again!

I'd love Vardy to just gently caress off back home if he doesn't get subbed on again and they're losing

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Kane might as well take goalkicks while he's at it today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Vardy and Sturridge have to start from now on

• Locked thread