Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

That's one dogged English midfield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

If England made an effort to naturalize good foreign players in their league they would be a better team imo

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Walcott would have put one past the glacier Iceland boys

Also lol Roy tried to draft Gibbs at the last minute but he was on holiday. Probably would have done a better job than Rose.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

England is basically at the level of Portugal and Croatia. Could pull out a win against a top team but will sooner choke and collapse

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Breath Ray posted:

This tournament proves that with organisation and team spirit a team can get pretty far with championship players. I think maybe we brought too many flair players along when you just need a couple. Mark Noble to lead the line in the world cup qualifiers this autumn.
Are you kidding, England had like a single flair player (Sterling). Everybody else were fairly conventional forwards and midfielders.

Lump it forward and defend for 90 minutes is a tried and true strategy. Not even half-joking that Allardyce would be a good England manager. The problem is England thinks it's better than this sort of tactic and it's not.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I thought Carragher was a pretty smart dude but that article's a load of drivel. Surely he didn't write that. Jesus christ.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Anything that makes those How Am I Doing Boss jokes a regularity is okay with me

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Honestly John Terry could probably do a job

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Was Big Sam not a good fit, how is Bruce any better

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Big Sam's fault IMO. PowerPoint is boring. Bring on iPads and VR headsets. England needs a modern man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

What's gonna be Big Sam's first XI for England

• Locked thread