Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Byolante posted:

Hart, Stones, Lallana and Sterling all have no business being in that team

Butland, Cahill (it should be shawcross but lol england), Milner and Vardy to replace them

Milner has been bad for Liverpool this year and Lallana has been good. If you're picking someone to play on the wing based on form you want Lallana at the moment, not Milner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Clyne is v good but I hope he doesn't play for England so that he can take a relaxing summer off and be fit as a fiddle for next season which is Our Year.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

straight up brolic posted:

imagine being all geared up to play for your country and you're finally in the locker room before your first big match and you turn to the manager to get pumped up...and its roy loving hodgson

imagine being all geared up to play for your country and you're finally in the locker room before your first big match and you turn to the manager and he says sorry jamie, wayne is starting over you

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Danny loving Welbeck

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Spangly A posted:

Lallana, Welbeck, Vardy is a pretty good front three on the counter tho

Good thing Vardy isn't playing then.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
those are two good goals, if only there were some way to play both those players at the same time from the start of a match

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

JFairfax posted:

Beating Germany in Berlin? I'll take it.

- Joseph Stalin

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

code:
hart
clyne cahill smalling rose
dier
alli wilshere
rooney
kane vardy

my wallet

rooney in, a shameful code tags imo

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Frankston posted:

Hey guys I got a tattoo in preperation for this summer what do you think?

Honour? I barely even know 'er!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Pissflaps posted:

Atypical means the opposite of typical.

Pretty big compliment to the Arsenal youth system there.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
its gallipoli all over again

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Insanely Sikh posted:

Drinkwater or Hendo even for Sterling please, push Alli further forward

personally i think england's tactics would be improved by subbing in lawrence of arabia

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
https://twitter.com/hamzadarby/status/738457490044637184

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bea Nanner posted:

Roy Hodgson looks like an owl.

Unfortunately, owls don't know how to manage football teams.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

лмао

сука блядь

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

El Hefe posted:

kick England out of Europe imho

If they vote for Brexit, make them compete in CONCACAF imo

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I'm sure shoehorning Rooney into midfield will work tonight lads. Who needs an actual midfielder

"can gerrard and lampard play together in midfield" has become "can wayne rooney play anywhere", smh how the mighty have fallen

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Because the highest placed English managers last season were Alan Pardew, Eddie Howe and Sam Allardyce, who finished 15th, 16th and 17th respectively

Hmmm, maybe that means it's time to hire one of those tactically sophisticated foreign managers I've heard so much about, surely England could benefit from this new and untested idea.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Guardian says Rooney's dropped for tomorrow:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/19/england-roy-hodgson-wayne-rooney-slovakia

Based on this article it looks like the lineup will be Hart, Clyne, Bertrand, Cahill, Smalling, Dier, Henderson, Wilshere, Lallana, Sturridge, Vardy

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Antares posted:

By the transitive property, England would have lost to France 10-2

This checks out

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
As long as there's a fresh supply of beach balls at every England match they'll be in good hands

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

Steve Bruce's big pitch was apparently that he would have Alan Shearer as his number two to groom him for the position.

Presumably after Steve Bruce they'll be interviewing Adam Johnson then?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Congratulations England

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
My only regret is that Big Sam doesn't get to out-tactic Pep Guardiola

• Locked thread