Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

This our best team in ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Remember when 30 years sounded like a real long time

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Why does everyone love Wilshere so much

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

elbkaida posted:

Checks out. He has no sense of defensive positioning and the only good thing Clyne has besides being fast is that he sometimes runs into weird places in the centre which other English fullbacks don't do as much.

Completely wrong, Clyne is Mr Reliable. It like you're just considering any type of forward run to be a lack of defensive positioning when the fact is that Clyne has been solid for 99% of this lovely season surrounded by lovely players.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Henderson has been bang average without one of the best English midfielders of all time stood next to him and it amazes me that he's still in the squad let alone starting against the world champions. Also, Butland has had a great season but Forster should be starting instead of him.

Nice try but Hendo has won us games without Gerrard next to him. The problem is his massive heel injury that still hurts him which he should recover from fully right around the 10th of June.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

It's coming home boys, Vardy is gonna back heel the winner in the final.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I'll wait to judge Roy on whether he lets Rooney play again.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

No it's just we have an it's coming home first team, and an it's not coming home backup team, a successful experiment.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

There is no post more serious than saying "it's coming home lol", don't be such a pussy.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

People aren't just posting their hopes and dreams in tag form, they're posting what Hodgers might do, hence the Rooney etc.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

50 years of hurt, never stopped me dreaming.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Royality posted:

Alli is going to have a Beckham/Rooney moment isn't he

It's destiny.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Lemon posted:

Deep down I think most people are starting to accept the truth about Sterling.

I realised Sterling was overrated on the day he signed for City.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Paperhouse posted:

actually he played for liverpoo and they are poo poo so he's always been rubbish, not like The Rash who is a top top talent

He's gonna stagnate hard under Mou I'm sorry.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

The French are such pussies they can't even handle a few British lads on the piss just having a good time on holiday.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

rear end cobra posted:

Englands never won a Euro

Nah we basically won 96, it's just that Pizza Hut bribed Gareth Southgate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWqmqGsTTBI

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

We don't need to score a single goal all tournament and we can still win, that's the great thing about them

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Wait Rooney ran around so much and achieved so much in that super promising draw with russia, now actual good player Sturridge shows you what winning a match is like?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

The frame that's like this, I reckon the comic should just be those 3 frames, less is more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRiOEsyZSX8

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I'd rather play against Portugal.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Phwoar Rooney ran that midfield again last night, I'm sure glad Hodgson is as smart all the retards on this forum who thought he performed well against Russia, might as well just take a bunch of cross country runners next time, this dumbass country will see it as an improvement.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Before calling for England's only creative outlet to be dropped for good, consider that the player he's keeping out of the team is not Iniesta or Pirlo, but is in fact James Milner

Actually, Hamas Milner had the most assists of any English player in 2016. There's some advanced stats for you, no need to thank me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Getting Hodgson out was just the first step in it coming home. Big Sam in.

• Locked thread