Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Raheem Sterling is not very good at football and maybe Roy needs to bring on a player who is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Phwoar

Maybe now I'll stop confusing Eric Dier with Kieron Dyer

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Mind you Russia look like a Big Sam team, watch them nick this in injury time

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

ayb posted:

Gareth bale is going to humiliate all of England today

Well at least the part of it that does haircare product adverts instead of practicing saving shots.

135 minutes of football and Raheem Sterling has yet to have a touch of the ball that hasn't ended with it in the stands or with the opposition, I'm actually agreeing with the people claiming the FA marketing department are picking the team cos there's no other reason that twat is on the pitch.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'd have gone with a Gary-Oldman-in-Leon-screaming-"EVERYONE!!!" reference myself but still good. Agree it only needs those three frames though.

So which of the players that have been loving useless but who have lucrative image-rights contracts for the FA do we think Ray will start with on Monday? Expecting to see Sterling start but Woy to somehow try to shoehorn Vardy in for Lallana.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Shrapnig posted:

Hodgson is a loving poo poo manager and it amazes me that he was tapped up to manage England.

He's not got a bad record managing tinpot little nothing countries to respectable positions, so you can see the appeal.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ninpo posted:

It's super loving expensive to get coaching badges in the UK and youth football is poo poo.

There's all sorts of grants available for coaching badges at the lower levels, it's that latter one (and the fact that most managers are ex players who have come up through that system) that's the problem.

Sir Trev (gawd bless him) is doing what he can about it, getting the FA to spend money on developing coaches along with players in the new excellence centre thing, but he allegedly told the FA that England wouldn't win a major competition for at least ten years because of the hosed up situation of youth football coaching that's still dominated by "stick it in the mixer" type tactics, even though he's finally managed to get 11-a-side banned for under-12s (he wanted it banned for under-16s but a shitload of youth clubs threatened to drop out of the FA because parents are loving idiots).

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

changing both full backs seems a bit unnecessary unless they really need a rest

They do a shitload of overlapping so yeah, may as well rest them while we have the chance.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Sturridge making a strong claim to replace sterling in that all important useless waste of space slot in the starting xi

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Frankston posted:

I stopped watching the game at 75 minutes last night because it was loving boring as hell so I went to have a poo instead.

How was it?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

EvilHawk posted:

Like I said (somewhere), I would have put[..] Sterling on[...]

Let me just stop you there.

JFairfax posted:

It is the sort of situation that Andy Carrol would be perfect for. Put him in the box, put ball on head.

Should have taken Cresswell too to demonstrate to every single player in the squad what a good cross looks like, because I've not seen one in 270+ minutes of football so far.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

ephex posted:

I've always prefered having Turkey in the EU instead of England, less muslim terrorists and more sane politicians

Way better food too.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Montasque posted:

So British players are no longer considered EU?

I guess this only affects RM/Bale so...

Not the place for this but no, Britain is still in the EU and will be for several years, freedom of movement will almost certainly continue afterwards, and I suspect it wouldn't be problematic getting a work permit for Bale.

(There's loads of English players in the Spanish semi-pro leagues apparently, quite a lot of journeymen end up more or less doing a working retirement over there for a couple of seasons)

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Pissflaps posted:

England won't win the world cup

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Monday Bandele posted:

Tough luck for any of those entitled West Ham fans who thought they'd seen the back of Big Sam forever

Hey as one of them entitled West Ham fans who hated Sam as West Ham manager I'm overjoyed to see him as England manager.

Wait Kevin Nolan is definitely too old for an England callup isn't he?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36852995

quote:

Sam Allardyce is "the right person" to manage England, according to Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho.

Yeah I bet he said that for purely altruistic reasons and not because h edesperately wants Sam to be not managing a Prem team next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bogan Krkic posted:

Can't wait to see Vardy and Carroll up front, Drinkwater and Noble in midfield. It's coming home

Sam hates Noble and tried to sell him his first year at West Ham.

• Locked thread