Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

I can't actually believe that Woy would start Rooney over Kane or Vardy. It would be insane.

He can't drop his captain or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Kyle Walker is the best right back in the Premier League not named Seamus Coleman.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Breath Ray posted:

hmmm you bnoth make good arguments. depends if you think he performs well surrounded by bad defenders or being surrounded by bad defenders make it look like hes performing well by comparison..im going to have to sleep onthis one

He's plays for Liverpool and England, it's bad defenders all the way down.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

WanderingKid posted:

Because he is really good. Its just that his legs are made of cheese.

He really isn't that good.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

JFairfax posted:

true, but it was a penalty in a shoot out... so does that count?

He scored against Ukraine in the group stage.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

With all the recent goings on maybe they'll send it to Australia.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

England are shite.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Andros Townsend, Jack Wilshere, Marcus Rashford.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

chuggo is BACK posted:

i guess if i had to make that 23 i'd drop delph, rooney and rashford? idk

Barkley has been hot garbage for the past three months. Andros Townsend is Andros Townsend.

You know Rooney is on the plane unless his knee explodes.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Insurrectionist posted:

Wilshere - Has he even played a full game since the WC? Bringing these kinds of permacrock luxury players in a vain hope he won't have his career ruined by a leg-breaking Skrtel tackle 5 minutes after being subbed in with all your subs used up is v. stupid and the kind of move that COULD cost England the tournament.

Ahahahahahahahahahaha. There's no way England are winning anything.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Blue Star Error posted:

Not just ten years. Ten years of hurt

Ronaldo did nothing wrong.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'd like to see big Marcus Rashford score a goal.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Rashford and Rooney scoring, it's pretty much the last thing the England supporters in this thread want.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Blasmeister posted:

I'm glad we decided to take a 4th choice centre forward who can't play out wide just in case. Big club mentality alive and well.

England are so bad I'm not even sure who you're referring to.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

peanut- posted:

The Daily Mail's Euro 2016 team as predicted in 2007

Lol.

Ben Amos - Bolton, League 1
Sam Hutchinson - Sheffield Wednesday, Championship
Micah Richards - Aston Villa, Championship
Gavin Hoyte - Barnet, League 2
Robbie Threlfall - Free Agent
Dean Parrett - Stevenage, League 2
Michael Johnson - Fat, Retired
James Henry - Wolves, Championship
Theo Walcott - Arsenal, Garbageman
Jose Baxter - Free Agent, Failed two drug tests
Scott Sinclair - Aston Villa, Championship

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Rooney is a mandatory starter haha.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/03/england-wayne-rooney-start-euro-2016-roy-hodgson

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Probably a better XI than the team that will start the first match.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Imagine playing that twinky bitch Sterling when you have noted world class striker and hater of Asians Jamie Vardy on the bench.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hodgson is a loving poo poo manager and it amazes me that he was tapped up to manage England.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

JFairfax posted:

Yeah Iceland are going to play in exactly the same way as the teams we've struggled to beat and it's going to be all the more embarrassing when we slip up against them.

Are you saying you're going to slip... on the Ice?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

#Brexit

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mods rename this thread England Euro Round of 16.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Hey. Newsflash, idiot. None of this matters. Kane, Rooney, Walker and everybody else could have played the game of their lives and England would still have lost. Lost at sea? Little boy doesn't know what happened? Little white boy went to mass and never educated himself on the world's real religion? One word, buddy: karma. Ever heard of it? What goes around comes around, in common parlance for the less educated. The truth is, after the Iceland Portugal match, the English fans made a fool of themselves, celebrating the draw as if they themselves had won anything. They got off by kicking the Portuguese when they were down, making brutal fun of them for only getting a draw against lovely Iceland, I've tried to get over it but there were a lot of hurt feelings and nasty trolling. I'm not saying any names but let's just say you could look into the eyes of some of these England fans and see the pleasure they were getting from the misery the Portuguese fans were going through. Thankfully Brahma is fair and he made sure those people got their just desserts. The same thing happened to USMNT fans who also made fun of Portugal, then they lost 4-0 to Argentina, and also to Colombia, also last year they lost against Panama and Jamaica and that's the kind of shame you can never live down. If these fans had behaved properly and not gloated on the suffering of others, they would now be celebrating major wins for their teams. Instead, they're crying and whining about players or Roy or whatever without realizing they are a infinitesimal part of the milk sea of souls, and no good deed goes unpunished. Anyway, my friend kwagga told me all this stuff and he's brown so it must be true. Namaste.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Pissflaps posted:

We need a new manager to help bring it home.

Good news...

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Southgate, Rodgers, and Wenger are the top choices atm, l o loving l.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

#tekkers

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Tortuga posted:

IS Welsh. Your partner and daughter IS Welsh.

:boom:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

JFairfax posted:

OP updated to reflect the experience of supporting England through this tournament.

Lol.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jul/08/jurgen-klinsmann-oliver-bierhoff-next-england-manager

Take him, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He's still in charge of the USA and is a bad manager, the USA being bad notwithstanding.

If you want more of the same for England hire Klinsmann!

• Locked thread