Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Tom Heaton is replacing Hart as the third goalkeeper. Sterling is ruled out as well but there aren't any plans to replace him. Because god forbid you use international friendlies to try out new players for your squad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Henderson has been bang average without one of the best English midfielders of all time stood next to him and it amazes me that he's still in the squad let alone starting against the world champions. Also, Butland has had a great season but Forster should be starting instead of him.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Breath Ray posted:

I think michail Antonio should play right back

Take Big Andy and play him at center-back. Can't be worse than what we've already got

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Townsend over Antonio is the one that gets me. I understand not taking Noble and Cresswell as that's a lot of competition for those positions. Carroll is too inconsistent. But Antonio has been great all season while Townsend had a few good games and then got relegated.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Lemon posted:

It's been a while since we've had a hugely overhyped youngster

Raheem Sterling is STILL a hugely over hyped youngster

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Top center-back cover we have there

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

EvilHawk posted:

It's a bit weird, usually you'd pick 30 and cut it down from there. I don't know whether Hodgson's left himself open to pick from four more, or he just couldn't think of four more players to add, or if that number is entirely arbitary.

If he had chosen 30 players he might have had to pick a West Ham player so he went with 26 instead

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36850753

IT'S HAPPENING!

Big Andy will be back in the England shirt in no time

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Monday Bandele posted:

Tough luck for any of those entitled West Ham fans who thought they'd seen the back of Big Sam forever

I love everything that Big Sam does apart from manage football teams. I don't have to watch his side play week-in-week-out anymore but still get to watch him wind up foreign managers and generally be a oval office. It's win/win

Plus, maybe a West Ham player will actually play for England now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

goddamnedtwisto posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36852995

Yeah I bet he said that for purely altruistic reasons and not because h edesperately wants Sam to be not managing a Prem team next season.

Aren't Jose and Sam meant to be quite good friends nowadays ever since they did an England vs Rest of the World game together? Jose even apologised for the "19th Century Football" remark.

• Locked thread