Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Lol RB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Come on Seb, give Ham a good bumming.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
gently caress me.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

learnincurve posted:

Have any of you ever been to a race and seen a driver unable to get out of a wrecked car because it's a tin top, had a roll cage or anything similar to a halo? These things twist and bend during an accident, or just flat out shatter and turn into a projectile themselves, and it involves literally cutting the car apart to get the driver out or you risk serious neck injury. Don't think I'm coming at this because I think they should man up, if I was I wouldn't be saying we should have a canopy. it's because the idea of any driver being trapped in a car after a wreck scares the living poo poo out of me. I've seen it too many times, that room in my head is full.

No, can't say I've ever seen that.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

enri posted:

I used to live a 20 minute drive away from Brands. Kicked myself for never getting there in my youth.

Now I live a 20 minute drive away from Silverstone and I still haven't whipped up enough enthusiasm to get there for anything other than the occasional half marathon. Mostly because of ticket prices for the F1 but that's no excuse, there's plenty of other racing series I could get my backside to. But traffic.

WEC starts in April with ELMS supporting I think. That's an epic weekend for £40 (that was what we paid last year).
Loads of grandstands open and free to sit in. You could go and have a mooch around the back of the pits and see the guys fixing up bodywork etc. Traffic was reasonable. The racing was brilliant.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Shame they don't have spare cars anymore.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
HAM is hosed.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

1500quidporsche posted:

Did Brundle take a bet about how many times he can say donkey in one race weekend or something?

I count three so far I think.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

runoverbobby posted:

Bernie is posturing to get Monza to cough up more money, in my not particularly insightful opinion.

:agreed:

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
loving Ferrari. And I wish I'd bet a grand on Hamilton being impatient and loving up his race right at the start.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Skarsnik posted:

They're a well known brand of kitchen rubber gloves over here you American morons

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marigold-Extra-Kitchen-Glove-Medium/dp/B00D36WODY

Lol pwned.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I for one am looking forward eagerly to petulant fraud HAM losing his cool at the start and further ruining his race.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Fuckin lol.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Nice meltdown.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Uh-oh.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

learnincurve posted:

Those of us who were watching it live said it was boring at around lap 20.

I've vehemently defended races other people thought were poo poo before but even I recognise a truly awful race when I see one.
The problem is everything about the track. Surface too slippery and green, track too wide, no good corners, no elevation, straights too long , cars too far apart for 90% of the race, a sub 10 second pit stop, only needing one pit stop, undercutting not being a thing and the fact that it looks like it's taking place in a loving concentration camp.

Anything else? Lol.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I realise that all residents of the Worst Thread actually love Moto GP so here's Lorenzo's pole lap from Le Mans. I think it still works if you don't have Facebook.

It's loving MENTAL.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1719651651646711&id=100008056777544

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Wow Nando by the skin of his teeth.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Will HAM stomp ROS for the first time this season I wonder.

I can't even decide which one I want to see in tears more tbh.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

geonetix posted:

Nope, he found a way to gently caress himself over

Lol didn't he just.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Got to hand it to Lewis there, that was a scorcher.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I just know tomorrows race is going to deliver petulance in the bucket loads. And it will be glorious.

Let's just hope it all begins at turn 1.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
LOLOLOLOLOL.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
What a pair of loving cretins.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

NtotheTC posted:

Entirely rosbergs fault

Entirely Hamilton's fault.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

NtotheTC posted:

Except you're wrong.

:wink:

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I wish I'd bet £1000 on those two idiots running into each other on lap 1.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

El Hefe posted:

the English media gonna spin this as Rosberg's fault and all the stupid Brits are gonna nod in agreement

Not this Brit.

50/50 for me. Partly a lack of situational awareness from Nico and partly a huge dose of petulance from Lewis.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I'd give a testicle to be a fly on the wall in that Mercedes meeting right now.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

FAROOQ posted:

Awful lot of white people going into a room with a black man

Oh you're THAT Farooq.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Meeting over. Both drivers fired.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Hypnotic.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Goetta posted:

FYI that was a classic Lewis dive bombing Nico move that worked ever time last year because Nico would melt down

This post has some merit.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
loving hell.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Lol.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Vettel about to bottle it.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Thanks Ants posted:

Are Dan must be destroying his tyres

You called it!

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

jediguy posted:

literally worst possible outcome

Well no, were you even watching lap1?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

El Hefe posted:

I hope both Mercs crash out again and Our Max wins another fantastic GP, it's what we deserve.

This but with our Jolyon winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Thanks Ants posted:

Lewis and :frog: to take each other off on lap 1.

The question is if they'll make more than four corners before doing it this time.

• Locked thread