Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ecstatic
Sep 30, 2010
Engine noise something something something.

Tronchetti Provera (Pirelli Chairman) reckons we'll see a reduction in laptimes by 4.5 secs next year (2.5 from the new tyres, 2 from the aero).

Impacts (I think):

Following through corners will be tougher given the need for clean air
More fuel burned (assuming: longer acceleration periods, more drag due to higher speed)
Physically harder on the drivers (higher corner speeds, more g's)

Will this make the cars harder to drive and make the driver a more important part of the equation?

Will it shake up the pecking order?

Was this a knee-jerk to all the bitching about lap times from the drivers/commentators and minority of fans?

Does any of this make F1 a better product?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ecstatic
Sep 30, 2010

Carth Dookie posted:

TBH I'm pretty sure that's why Ricciardo is always smiling. He's got the sense to realize that even if he's having a poo poo weekend or even a poo poo season, he gets to be an F1 driver for millions a year instead of working in retail or as a drone in a cubicle somewhere for peanuts.

He's from Perth, he's happy he's not driving a truck around a minesite, ducking drug tests to sustain his meth habit and getting eating by sharks on the weekend.

#justanotherdayinwa

Ecstatic
Sep 30, 2010
I thought the race was entertaining and would like to see more tom foolery in the future.

Ecstatic
Sep 30, 2010

1500quidporsche posted:

I get why Alonso left McLaren in '07 now.

Ron sacked him didn't he?

Ecstatic
Sep 30, 2010

NtotheTC posted:

e: See also: people who were fans of Mark Webber throughout the Vettelreich.

Webber was cool when he was just being Webber but when he was the Australian excuse machine 2011 -2013 he was pretty painful.

• Locked thread