Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Tsaedje posted:

2015: Did absolutely nothing
Like if: USA USA USA USA
Hate if: You're Donald Trump

Fixed that one. Good OP overall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Oh yeah we need to do bold predictions before qualifying.

Haas will be competitive
Lewis Hamilton will have a break down in the middle of the year and become poo poo

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Fighting Sauber or whoever is slightly faster than Manor.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Hahaha Charlie Whiting is mad at Lewis Hamilton for being a petulant child.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-1/2016/03/18/lewis-hamilton-under-fire-for-immature-attitude-and-failing-to-a/

quote:

Hamilton has often complained that the drivers do not have enough input on future regulations, but the world champion was put in his place by Formula One’s race director, Charlie Whiting.

Whiting, a veteran of the sport, said Hamilton has failed to attend crucial meetings and he could not think of any way the world champion and his colleagues to be given any more input.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

So I should find a replay of this clusterfuck of a qualifying session?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

I think that format could work if they made it one session instead of three sessions. It's a big if though. Overall that was really dumb and funny.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Someone remind me what Horny Horner has to gain by sucking up to Bernie and Jean.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Haas woooo! Shame that's probably going to be the most entertaining race of the season.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Ferrari has always had really good starts over the last couple of years. But I'm curious to see if that lack of a double clutch hosed both Lewis and Nico.

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Erhh, he said himself that he braked a little earlier (due to reasons I forgot).

Something about the car going into low battery mode. It was definitely a race incident and I'm glad the stewards didn't add a next race penalty to Alonso.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

I hope no one tells Max to shut the gently caress up so we have one consistent source of entertainment in F1.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Where are they getting those voting numbers from?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

learnincurve posted:

The media is poo poo. "ISIS" are pissed at the French not Europe in general, and it's a very specific set of people out for revenge and their motivation has nothing to do with ISIS' political aims. A few years ago the French turned a blind eye when racists kept setting fire to slum buildings in Paris which had 18 people living in one bedroom flats and loads of kiddies burned to death. Now they are SHOCKED that ISIS would recruit the relations of these murdered people living in Belgium and France and that they might be out for blood. If they are going to bomb anywhere then it will be hockenheim if their past actions are anything to go by.

How does ISIS feel about Jean Todt?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Why would you want Goodyear in F1? They can't even make tires that work in NASCAR.

actually let's bring back goodyear

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

There's a reason why the "young people" don't buy rolexes and its because they're loving embarrassing.

Counter point: Jordan shoes

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Human Grand Prix posted:

CounterCounterPoint: Those kick rear end.

CounterCounterCounterPoint: Jordan 16s

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Lmao. Who asides from Horner wanted to keep that poo poo qualifying format?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

For what it's worth, Force India and Williams wanted to keep the poo poo format in Q1 and Q2 but bring Q3 back to the original format.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

How is Univision getting away with no ads during the race?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

I think we're all on different pages as to how F1 works and makes money so here's an infographic I found a while back that's pretty good and cool. http://raconteur.net/infographics/the-business-of-formula-1

Here's another one about who owns F1 and how much money they're making: http://raconteur.net/infographics/the-value-behind-f1

Regarding prize money:

quote:

Every year the teams receive around 63% of F1's underlying profits as prize money. The core of this is 47.5% of the underlying profit which is divided into two, with one half split between the top ten teams in the championship in a sliding scale. The other half is split evenly and only goes to teams which have finished in the top ten in two out of the past three years.

A further 7.5% is handed to the top three teams based on the number of races won in the four seasons prior to 2012 (Ferrari, Mclaren, and Red Bull Racing), with additional historic payments to Mercedes and Williams.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

George Zimmer posted:

Good articles both, but they have Lehman Brothers listed as owning 20%. There's either something I'm missing or this info is dated. Also worth noting that the bulk of F1's revenue is generated from attendance, TV deals, and sponsorship, all of which are contingent on people watching and buying tickets, the numbers of which have fallen in the past few years on a global scale.

The data is from 2014 if that helps.

learnincurve posted:

India was a dreadful track for pollution, one of the reasons they never went back was because everyone had to replace engines and equipment, including the FOM, because the insides were coated in toxic filth, and the drivers complained that they were having problems breathing after being out on track as the air holes on their helmets got gummed up.

Wasn't the tax issue the biggest problem with the race?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

WEC at Bathurst would be cool.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Ron tried to convince the FIA that Alonso is actually a robot and should drive.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/dennis-asks-fia-to-let-alonso-drive-in-bahrain-683847/

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

I'd unironically root for Maldonado.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Haas is not rear end.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Romain Grosjean has more points than Vettel right now.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Has anyone brought up that Nico Rosberg was named in the Panama Papers thing?

This is the source: http://www.focus.de/sport/formel1/panama-papers-formel-1-star-nico-rosberg-verwickelt_id_5406688.html

edit: jarno trulli is listed too

keevo fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 6, 2016

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Autosport released a table showing how much money every team got from last year's results. Kind of curious what Sauber's budget is like if they can't survive with this prize money and their pay drivers.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Lol so Bernie and Jean only agreed to go back to 2015 rules so it's not official yet and that means we have more time for Bernie and Jean fuckery.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

I don't trust a bloody thing in this sport unless it's on paper saying "these are the rules". I desperately want the token thing removed but I also think it's highly likely some party is proposing it as part of an ulterior motive. Every two months something is " going to happen" for 2017, I'm not trusting anything at this point.

I'm not sure I would trust the rules even if they were on paper.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

lmao

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

learnincurve posted:

Funny you should mention that. He's just admitted in a very long winded, (and with enough technical terms so his mouth breathing fans will still blame Mercedes) way that he was 4m slower off the line than Nico for the last two races because he hadn't been in the simulator to learn the proper start procedure with a single clutch. He has now done this. #blessed

So the world champion with his own private jet couldn't be bothered to go to the simulator to learn how to start a race?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Human Grand Prix posted:

Monaco is a poo poo track and unless you are mentally retarded you can win there.

Wow this actually holds up. Felipe Massa has never won there.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Driver of the week has to be awarded to Haryanto for not starting last.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

quote:

Arghhh arghhh arhghhhh
https://streamable.com/8db3

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Shouldn't Vettel have been penalized for passing those two cars while under a safety car? I know Hulkenberg was penalized for slowing down but wasn't that while he was in the pit lane?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

I hadn't realized this but McLaren's only points from this season are from their backup driver. This also means their backup driver is ahead of drivers like Perez, Alonso, Button, and Gutierrez in the WDC. That being said, Esteban Gutierrez is no longer last in the WDC. Haryanto takes that spot. Daniel Ricciardo is 3rd in the championship, ahead of both Ferraris. Massa is ahead of Bottas in points (6th and 10th respectively).

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Just wait until Are Lewis drops his album.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

aequalis posted:

Felipinho Massa has beaten Ricky D in a once off spec series race. Replay here: https://www.facebook.com/massafelipe19/videos/582078005299670/

This is the best F1 related video. Felipinho's little Williams fire suit. :allears:

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Comments on social media are always great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

The Driver Formerly Known As Lewis

• Locked thread