Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Human Grand Prix posted:

Rosberg is moonlighting at Toro Rosso now?

It's a big OP give a bit of leaveway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

be nice wicka posted:

anyone notice the sensodyne logo on mclaren's rear wing? looks like they're doing GSK poo poo again

They've always been with GSK, McLaren are on their branding site, the lucozade stuff went away because they sold that business

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

be nice wicka posted:

yeah but GSK isn't on mclaren's partners site and that decal was put on between friday and saturday. just came out of nowhere. and i think they mostly work with mclaren applied technologies these days.

Yeah they just needed a key product to place there, there's a lot of internal poo poo that goes on.. Sensodyne won i guess
Trust me they always have McLaren videos and stuff on their brand site

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

be nice wicka posted:

as an autistic honda owner with sensitive teeth i just love this team

Do you use Sensodyne?

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Good.. this explains a lot about shiity Pharma http://www.independent.co.uk/news/m...er-9047437.html

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

dreesemonkey posted:

Also Max's biggest race mistake was at Monaco and pretty much exactly what happened to Alonso w/ Gutierrez.

Max was never going to make that corner at Monaco

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

poty posted:

I'd like to play Formula D with Claire if you know what I mean

By the way, the game Motorsport Manager for iPhone and iPad is free right now, after costing money for years, sometimes a whole 2 bucks!!! I haven't played yet but people here said it was good. So it's likely to be awful.

Looks like they've put a cap on costs, app just got real

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Payndz posted:

Time for a reminder that the cheapest (legal) way to get Sky F1 is to pay £27.50 a month (on top of whatever other subscriptions you're paying) for a sports package - that's an extra £330 a year, more than twice the licence fee. gently caress Sky.

It stinks, but you get 2 sky go accounts with that, so if you have a sports mad (football) relative, get hooked up ;)

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

learnincurve posted:

Why would he sell exclusive rights to anybody? Does Bernie not see how well motoGP does it with their subscription based multi-screen and is he seriously that disconnected with modern reality that he can't see how much money is on online subscriptions? :(

Selling exclusive rights... Bernie who made his money...

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

poty posted:

I too believe that Vettel having a say in the rules is what will revive F1

-nobody, ever

They said that about Jackie Stewart

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Payndz posted:

Hell, when Virgin Media tried to increase my subscription by £3 a month just because they were adding a new BT Sport channel, I ranted at them until they not only threw it in for free but also cut the price of my sub by a third and upped my broadband speed. So gently caress paying almost £30 a month more just so Bernie can get another Hublot polished with the tears of an orphan.

You think you've had a victory, you havn't it's all marketing strategy

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Tsaedje posted:

Just pointing out that Bernie has 'agreed a contract' for a race to boot a European race off the calendar before. I'm going to go ahead and not believe this one until I see it.

I assume Magny-Cours was booted because he gained control of Paul Ricard and devolped it

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Tsaedje posted:

Magny-Cours is also a loving terrible track

E: I think it was Spa he was threatening to boot last time Bernie 'signed a contract' for a second US race

Bad track to watch probably, but certainly Bernie hosed the government over when they thought they could fight him over an f1 spot

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Norns posted:

Yep Brands Hatch is loving great. Was doing laps in some GT3 cars around it this morning actually.

Loved that track on Toca 2

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

For us Brits all of it is live on C4, practice and all, be interesting to see who gets placed where, double fake jake is fricking awful choice

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

El Hefe posted:

If it had been detected on time he might have recovered, he also went two weeks without knowing he had a broken rib in which time anything could've happened.

FIA are negligent and McLaren and Alonso could easily sue them imho.

There is no magic recovery for cracked ribs, recovery is same as for bruised ribs only longer 4-6 weeks so he may not be racing at the next one either (I cracked mine over New Year and was still feeling it come February), if they had broken ie splintered they'd have seen it straight away and he would certainly have known about it

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

learnincurve posted:

Yes. The timeline is being a bit warped in this thread. We know he went to the medical centre after the crash, but was out in the paddock 20 mins later. He flew back home to Abu Dhabi sunday night but the pain in his ribs was getting worse so he went to the hospital on the Monday. They detected the pneumothorax (collapsed lung) and rib injuries on x ray. He was told to rest and went back the next (this) Monday and was told his lung was cleared but his ribs were still fractured. Fractured means snapped and does usually show up on x-rays, cracked means they are split and weakened which is the more common injury as ribs are quite bendy and can easily be missed. He was then very surprised on Thursday when the FIA said no you can't race with fractured ribs.

So either he lied about having rib pain or the doctor thought that it was unimportant and didn't make him have an x-ray

Still 4 - 6 weeks though regardless

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

learnincurve posted:

They won't give an x-ray unless a patient complains about pain in an area , is unable to complain about it, or has bruising/anomaly in the lung. The problem here is that he was high on adrenaline which is a natural painkiller so he may not have known if he was in pain or not. The massive problem I have with this is that in any medical examination after a crash the patient has to remove their shirt so that you can listen to heart and lungs with a stethoscope. A fractured rib should display significant bruising in the rib area and a pneumothorax will be clearly audible as your lungs will be gurgling. Lungs are not supposed to gurgle. Is this a problem with a driver telling the medical staff gently caress off I feel fine and the staff not feeling that they can stand up to him, or just complete idiocy.

This is pretty much what the hospital said to me they don't normally xray, but sent me for one due to the impact area... thankfully nothing too bad

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

simplefish posted:

I wasn't trying to turn this into Incapacity Olympics, I was just drawing a parallel between the two, because unless I'm wrong (not sarcastic, I could well be) a broken leg should get you medically disallowed from racing, surely? And so posters are sitting in this thread like "oh yeah they should have seen the ribs thing" but apparently track docs can manage to miss a friggin broken leg? Which should be rather more apparent

Well for one you would have difficulty walking

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

be nice wicka posted:

it's obvious they've done something right considering how pissed off many of the other midfield teams are

Good management, good forsight, I'm impressed by them totally above what I expected

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

learnincurve posted:

The problem is that they do currently have two dictators, Bernie and Todt, and they are both batshit insane, power hungry, out of touch with what the fans want, don't care what the drivers want, don't care what the teams want and seem to be living in the 1980s. Right now no one can vote on anything that those two don't propose. This is why they keep giving teams a choice, vote for something really out there or vote for the thing they want to get though. If they wanted to they could say things like "vote for a reverse grid or vote for a knock out qualifying" or " vote to keep knock out qualifying as it is or vote for a modified version" and then when teams refuse to do so they can act all innocent and go "it was the team's choice! We were willing to work with them but this inability to make decisions is why we need more power!"

our only hope of getting rid of this pair of old wankers is either that Bernie finally dies a natural death and Todt ends up as a suspicions lump under the Parabolica, or there are people who want their jobs waiting for the right moment to stab them in the back.

It's the way it's always been, Bernie wants X, proposes Stupid Y, X seems more reasonable compared to Y wash, rinse, repeat

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

But wont reverse grids means the top teams will drive slower on qualifying?

Also why don't all the teams just boycott China until the old system is reinstated.

I assume reverse grids will be championship place or placing at last GP

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

MustardFacial posted:

Nothing about motorcycles is great

You really need to watch the IOM TT

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

I'd go for the F1 wheel that guy does, and forget about the clutch and pretend you're Hamilton

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

El Hefe posted:

Boring as gently caress race

Fell asleep halfway through

Good race tbh wtf was you watching

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

learnincurve posted:

That's a girl dog going for a widdle.

It's the one you don't see much because her tongue won't stop growing.

You don't know much about dogs, had a male Rhodesian Ridgeback that used to piss like that, the weird fucker

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Goetta posted:

The first one for reversing his car in the pit lane when he was directed to reverse his car is pretty dumb.

Why is it dumb? it's in the rules, they are there for a reason, mind I got mad at Guy Martin getting a penalty for doing 0.122kph over the speed limit in the TT, but its the rules.. don't break them, you're fine

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

I believe the issue was he was actually told by an official to back up his car.

He should know the rules, if you want me back push me

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

gret posted:

Then he'll get a reprimand for disobeying marshal's instructions.

No, he can point to the rules that prohibit him from doing so, the great drivers know the rules

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

wicka posted:

PEAK ron

He's right, why do all the investment to let others take the benefits

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

I thought it was Rosberg that threw the wheel out of the car, sure looked like a number 6 on the front

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

enri posted:

It was definitely Hamilton, the car the wheel came out of was facing the barrier, Rosberg's car was pointing back at the track

(that '6' is a petronas logo :v:)

Haha I'm dick for thinking that just, seen the red numbers and can't be seen from the cockpit

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

wicka posted:

if lewis were the first openly gay world champion he would be famous and marketable beyond his wildest dreams. for that reason alone i cannot believe that's the thing he'd get a "super injunction" for.

So what do you think he would get one for (not being antagonistic)

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Spaced God posted:

Hey let's just gently caress up A Fun Historic Track for no reason

Hold on, they are making it faster

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

keevo posted:

Lmao Red Bull is now blaming the layout of their garage for their dumb rear end mistakes.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/124560/monaco-pit-layout-caused-ricciardo-mixup

Yeah because every single other team doesn't have that problem

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

El Hefe posted:

The weirdest things happen on that track, much like during Alonso's crash there also isn't any footage of the accident in this case.

There's footage on youtube from a camera phone looking at a TV, looks like he hit the tyre wall hard

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

learnincurve posted:

Whenever I read people bitching about full canopy in F1 and banging on about the good old days, I can't help but think of those lunatics in WW1 fighter planes who had no cockpit at all and would just throw grenades at each other. The idea of a modern fighter plane having no cockpit protection is just unfathomable, and yet because it's a sport it's OK in F1?

You really are comparing apples with oranges there

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

IOM TT starts tomorrow... proper balls of steel

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

That will never stop being hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Norns posted:

Alright gently caress. I'll watch this moto GP race yall won't shut up about.

It's a great race

• Locked thread