Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Pie might have been my favorite foster. It just seemed like there was s lot of great personality under that grumpy exterior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Sparky is an A+ dog. Why doesn’t everyone know that you have to put in work to help pets have good lives?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I very much enjoy seeing the happy results in this thread.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

A+ cat. Would pet.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Surely it belongs on a cathedral ceiling?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Mother cats are experts at taking care of kittens, and most of their kittens still die if I recall correctly. You’re doing amazing at an impossible task and those kittens are having really good lives right now, regardless of how long they are. Cats live entirely in the present, so they don’t remember past events (unless reminded in the present, like if they hear you come home or use the can opener) and don’t think about the future.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Don’t know how much longer the forums will be here, but I wanted to say that this is a wonderful thread and I’m thankful for all the nonhuman and human pals who stopped by over the years.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

For cat toys, I've found that mine have enjoyed fresh tennis balls. Something about the scent or texture makes them interesting to bat around and do the grapple death-kick thing, then chase after they roll out of their paws from the push of getting death-kicked. Your mileage may vary.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The mom was cool with you delivering a kitten to her? Probably an ok sign.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

If you’re feeling ambitious later, a nice project for the next six months might be to catch that deadbeat mom and get her fixed.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

My friend’s cat loved her automatic feeder, but my friend eventually realized that the cat had figured out how to open the top and would eat extra food late at night.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

This is amazing.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Congratulations on becoming lorge adult, Ghost.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

fuzzy_logic posted:

There's a random little cat that's been popping up in my yard the past few days crying sadly all hours of the day and night. I figured it was someone's pet that got lost but got a good look at him today and he has a snipped left ear and had gotten in a fight, poor guy. I contacted the local feral cat people to see if they know him, but is there anything I can do for the guy in the meantime? Is he separated from his colony, or get kicked out, or what happened that he's wandering around yards crying all day? I originally figured he was indoor because he's all dirty and sad and approaches me (though not too close) when I call out to him. I'm not normally a big cat person but the little guy's pulling at my heartstrings, he seems to be having a really bad time.

Is it possible to make a temporary home for him in a bathroom to give him a chance to recover and get back up to fighting weight? Just because he has an ear notch doesn’t mean he’s feral—if you make friends with him, he might turn out to be a former pet who ran away or who was dumped.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I love that story.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Good King Butters

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I’m a big fan of the dainty foot move from the one guy.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

A stately old fellow enjoying his retirement.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It brings me such joy to see him enjoying retirement so much. We should all be so lucky to have an old age like his.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He looks like he’s got a kind of Ron Perlman “and I’d do it again too” expression going on, but I can easily believe he is a very sweet gentleman.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Those look like some delightfully wiggly dogs. I hope they all find wonderful homes soon.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

smilingfish posted:

Monty has decided that my wife doesn't need to go to work today.

“Don’t waste your lifeblood feeding the capitalist machine, mother. Your purpose is to pet a kitty.”

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

CAT!
AAH AAH!
SLEEPER OF THE UNIVERSE!

CAT!
AAH AHH!
HE’LL HUG EVERY ONE OF US!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Thank you for sharing him here so regularly. I never knew him, but I sort of feel like I did thanks to your photos and the care with which you wrote your posts. I won't forget him.