Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cat_herder posted:

time to rub feliway and catnip all over both of them and then set them loose in the living room, IMO.

also SneakyFrog you have a nice collection there! Buncha cuties if you ask me.

We aren't fostering atm because I've been sick and we're still heartbroken from Rio :( the season is nearly over tho, so I think we're gonna be sleeping well until next May.

You guys are so awesome for what you do. :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm happy to report the Omega 3 has been a massive success with Tiberius, his personality has done a complete 180, he's eating more and more, he's more social, he still has some pain but its lessened quite a bit, he can almost do a full yawn!

And the things its done to his coat, my god its like petting a fluffy cloud.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Don't know what to do with my cat anymore, he was doing so well with the oil now he's getting worse again, I am legitimately reaching a breaking point and I don't know what to do, I've been dealing with this crap for over a year and I'm very close to being sick of it, I won't abandon my cat but I'm growing weary of this fight.

Maybe I just need to vent I don't know, another vet trip for him soon.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

porkswordonboard posted:

^ Alteisen, remind us of the issue with your buddy? If it's something health-related the cat megathread (which I'm pretty sure most of us post in :)) might help more than here.

As an aside, I've been dealing with a male cat that pees on stuff for years now. The other day I sat on my favorite chair, into a PUDDLE of rank, nasty, male cat urine. Goodbye pants, goodbye underwear, goodbye huge lovely pillow that was (thank god) on top of said leather chair. Which he's peed on before. Nature's Miracle only does so much for leather...

I completely understand the feeling of "if I don't talk to someone I will strangle this cat," even though we all know we'd never hurt our pets. It's hard to feel like you're doing the best for your friend only to turn around to them, yet again, being a dick to you or your stuff. Health issues notwithstanding, dealing with the destruction of property is always very stressful.

If what you're dealing with is purely a health issue, understand that it is completely normal to get frustrated when you don't feel like what you're doing is working. It's exhausting and often very expensive. It's human to get fed up for a little bit. Us animal weirdos need to vent too and this is a good place for it. :glomp:

Its his mouth, at first it was a bent tooth, we got that taken care off and he was just fine, then it was swollen gums which it still is, we managed to take care of that with fish oil since its an anti inflammatory, he was doing fine now he's acting weird again, not coming in, running from me when he's outside, I offered him some cat food and he didn't want it today, its just stressing me out, this is not an old cat, he'll be 4 on election day and I hate he has these issues, I just want him to be back to his older self again.

He has allergies issue to cause I live in this poo poo island.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea I called in a vet tech buddy, he saw the black spot, said its a toothache for sure so yea, vet trip time!

As for the poo poo island comment, I live in Puerto Rico, almost every single day the level of pollen and fungus in the air is at level red meaning quite high, it wreaks havoc on my allergies and the cat as well.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea he's not even eating today and Tibi not eating is like the sun not coming up in the morning.

Hope we can settle this tomorrow.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
At the vet, may or may not have to put him to sleep, I'll find out in a few hours.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Ok, news is good, all bloodwork is positive, negative on FeLV or any related conditions, the cause of it all was extreme, extreme and I do mean extreme swelling as well as lacerations in his mouth, I type that out and even I cannot believe it but yes, lacerations, nothing perforated in his internal organs or anything, they cleaned out his mouth like you would not believe, according to the vet he used everything that is non toxic to an animal to clean him and went by tooth by tooth to ensure they where fine(they where), but yea massive, massive swelling around the back combined with these lacerations are the cause.

He'll live, but his outdoor days are over, so now I have a question, what can I do to make life easier for a cat that was outdoors so much? He's lived his whole life out there but I can't trust him anymore, so I need to make something for him so he's calm and chill inside the house.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks everyone, the stress was real, maybe I won't flunk my biology test now. :sweatdrop:

I've got some ideas to catify the house, some homemade stuff as well, by the time I'm done my house will be amazing for kitties.

Klaus88 posted:

Do you have wall-to-wall carpet? That can be a severe allergen vector.

Nope, no carpets anymore, they where ripped out and replaced with tiles years ago.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chili posted:

Can we please get those taken down? Why anyone would threadshit here? Bums me out.

Every single one of his posts is whatever that picture was across various threads.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Kitty is home, apparently he's a very terrible patient and only ate when I got there.

He was eating dry food which I haven't seen him do in ages, that's already a massive improvement.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My kitty was given Orbax to counter the stuff in his mouth, I assume to not let any bacterias set in due the lacerations.

Anyone heard of it? Read up on the side effects, they seem a bit lovely.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cat_herder posted:

I haven't used it or heard of it before, but keep in mind that the post-approval side effect reports tend to be the stuff that's major and thus likely to be reported. Usually, cats just develop diarrhea from antibiotics. Fluroquinolones need to be taken on a full stomach (ask me about springing a nosebleed while taking Avelox on an empty stomach!), and keep an eye on him for leg weakness or pain, as they can rarely screw with tendons. If he starts acting particularly off, call the vet back.

Fluoroquinolones are mega-strong stuff, used for p bad infections. So, it sounds like his mouth was really hosed up. I'm so glad he's already doing better and will be an indoor cat from now on. Get him a nice cat tree, put a plush throw in the top bed, and he'll be good to go, I think.

You have the cutest avatar, don't know if I ever told you.

And thank you for the advice, we've only give him one but so far no side effects, he's dying to get out of the house but yea, never gonna happen again, come friday when I don't have classes I'll splurge on cat stuff and catify the house a bit for him, he actually spent the entire night curled up with me in bed so if this is how he's gonna be going forward I am all for it. :3:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Can you cool folks suggest soft toys for Tibi to chew on? I noticed he's very bitey when he plays with either humans or any sort of toy, hell just today I went to the bathroom and layed down on my pants and started playing with the string on them and biting it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Cat tree gets here tomorrow, can't wait to see what my beasts do with it. :3:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Day 1 of leash training Tibi, complete failure, will continue making attempts.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So I'm not entirely sure how to feel right now.

2 days ago my brother's cat went missing, thankfully she showed up again, this reminded me a lot of the animals I've had that went missing and never back, something possessed me to try again so I went door to door with a picture of her asking people and wouldn't you know it I found a group of people that knew who she was, rather far from my house to, turns out she found her way there and the family kept her, she lived a nice life with them and passed a year ago.

So I don't know how to react, I wanted to closure but this isn't the closure I wanted, should I be glad I know? Should I be sad at a time like this? They even showed me pictures and where she was buried, they clearly came to love her very much but she's still my cat ya know.

So I just don't know, never been faced with a situation like this.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ferryll posted:

There are 5 stages to loss and you'll probably go through at least a few of them over again, now that you know the full story of what happened to your cat.
There's no right or wrong way to go through the stages. In the end, it won't change what happened, but it doesn't mean what your going through isn't real and doesn't matter. Good luck Alteisen.

Man I read this post a few days ago but I had no idea her death would bother me as much as it is, its really messing me up. :smith:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The cat I bought the drat cat tree for is utterly terrified of the thing and the rest of the cats sniffed it and don't give a gently caress.

I can't catch a break with these assholes.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
But why is he scared of it :argh:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My neighbors cat is now indoors only because he hurt himself getting into fights so badly he almost lost his ear, as it stands the ear just flops down now because of the severe nerve damage.

Before that he basically lived here, even now he still escapes only to visit me and I am the only person he listens to, he won't listen to his masters at all, I give him a call and he's fat my feet purring and demand belly rubs and head pats.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dick Trauma posted:

The butter is spreading...

He's actually gotten super fat since he's been indoors. :v:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
And another stray I cared for passes on in my property, its an odd thing, I can't tell if people leave them here or the animal simply knows but I've had so many cats show up here in desperate need of help or medical attention which many times I had to provide myself, from cleaning a horrific burn, to ripping dead skin off to cutting a rotting tail and having to cauterize the stub left, this last one had a lot of mouth issues so I fed him soft stuff and watered down dry, he seemed to like it and gained quite a bit of weight.

There's never any foul play with these animals, is as if their journey and mine simply comes to an end.

I don't mind but it does break my heart, I've shed tears for all these animals that have come and gone regardless of how little or much time they spent with me.

Its funny, I start to think I should start to foster again and these needy little kitties pop up, maybe a greater power is trying to tell me something.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I have a small kennel on a corner of my house, furthest away from the streets and elements when it gets bad, if I'm not boarding one of these needy kitties I usually leave it open with food and stuff, seen a number of kitties eat or just hide in there when the weather turns bad or there's loud stuff going on.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Please, I'm no hero, I won't say that anyone else would do the same but I feel I owe it to animals, pets in general have saved my life more times than I can count, from the lowest points of my depression as a kid to my lowest points as an adult, kitties and one dog where there to help me so I feel I owe it to them.

And yea Butter looks incredible, he's slimmed down so much.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Tiberius is Tibi, Tibers, Tiberonious, Mr Tibs and my personal favorite, get off my chest you gigantic rear end in a top hat cause I can't breathe.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What do guys suggest for a kitty with a stuff nose? My Tibi has suffered from allergies since birth and its usually a stuffy nose since where I live is lovely and there's spores and poo poo everywhere, so I'm curious if you guys have any remedies or anything.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So what's everyone getting their kitties?

I got a bunch of toys for mine which I decided to just give them, also picked up a chew toy pretzel for Tibi which is designed for cats apparently since he likes to chew poo poo, Tibi is currently batting around his toy balls. :3:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sanguinary Novel posted:

Oh poo poo do you have a name for this chew toy? Ferdinand loves chomping on plastic, leaving hundreds of tiny holes in plastic bags and the like.

They had a bunch, I went with the pretzel since Tibi is a destructive bastard.

Picture of the destroyer himself.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bud K ninja sword posted:

Welp.

My animal portal opened again, but this one isnt easy from the getgo.

its a lil itteh bitteh kitteh

and its loving like 30 feet up a huge rear end tree.

and its getting dark and I aint got a ladder nowhere near as big.

Time to start climbing.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This thread is seriously making me reconsider my career path and go into vet school.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Midnight Voyager posted:

I've been super lonely since the last of my three fluffs died. Tomorrow, (*looks at the clock* well, today) I'm going to the shelter to pick up a new pal.

I AM SO EXCITED

You better post a picture. :argh:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Midnight Voyager posted:

MY HEART

https://www.instagram.com/midnightvoyager/

Her name is Joy and she is adorable, there are pics and video. I got her from Animal Ark Rescue in Columbus, GA.

Grats on the new kitty. :3:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Would Grizzly in a heart beat if I was near you, or that gray one.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cythereal posted:

Seriously, these photos and videos are great. World keeps threatening to go to poo poo and it's good to know there's a bunch of happy kittens learning to play with toys.

I keep telling people to stop focusing on the ugly, there's beauty everywhere.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cythereal posted:

Yes, I read the exact same post from you up in PYF.

How did I notice you where the same person. :psyduck:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I swear if I had the money I'd fly over to get Grizzly, goddamn my heart is melting.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I want Teddy so bad, I would literally pay a plane ticket to have someone bring it to me if I could afford it

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chili posted:

She's a real pretty kitty. Not as sociable as some but her independence makes her a good fit for a lot of folks. You don't happen to live anywhere near MD do you?

I live on an island quite far from MD.

She's identical to my old girl Plushy, same colors, same face, just a gorgeous girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My roof adoptee was named Luna, so Luna she stayed cause I couldn't think of anything better, I'm pretty horrible with names overall considering I've had Tifa, Tifo and Kitty among the cats I've had.