Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I am obligated to share my friend's doggo here.

The best of doggos. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tendai posted:

My cat is broken and doesn't recognize tuna or its juice as food, same with fresh salmon and basically any other meat. She prefers cardboard.

Sounds like my Kiwi, I sometimes have to stick his face in food for him to recognize it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

luloo123 posted:

Can you set up an outdoor shelter somewhere?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpW69fNzcjc

I set up a bunch of these during rainy/winter months, its great. Once had a momma have her bits in there.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bud K ninja sword posted:

its cool friend your heart is in the right place, Ive gotten to the point to where im not really going to go chase down an animal that doesnt look in danger or messed up mainly because I got too many already, and realistically the ones that need the most help tend to just come find me for food and pats and vet visits despite my best efforts anyways.

This I have also learned over the years.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This is why I can't foster, as the moment that gorgeous dog had started licking my face and looking at me with those gorgeous eyes I would have told the women bringing her "I'll take her, just give me the papers."

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Other than the terminally ill animals, my own foster of a healthy cat ended in failure, so yea I can relate.

Can't imagine the days without Luna.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
How do I idiot proof my house from my brain damaged kitty?

He had some issues when he was born including not breathing for a few scary moments but he pulled through and he's strong boy now but he's SUPER dumb, the brain damage doesn't affect his motor functions but he's just not bright at all, it took a long time for him to learn that the litterbox isn't for patting and he still makes a gigantic mess when he eats wet food(he takes it out of the scary can with his paw), I tend to keep him in a play room when I'm not home and there's nothing in there he can hurt himself with yet he still finds new and exciting ways to hurt himself, today he has the corners of his mouth slightly swollen and he's missing a patch of hair near his whiskers(oddly enough no blood, he's just missing hair there.)

So either he's going off on adventures or I don't know. :confused:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jack Gladney posted:

Yeah it's possible the cat just can't get his head/mouth comfortably into the can. If their whiskers get compressed against something they can assume that there's high risk of getting stuck in some kind of hilarious Winnie-the-Pooh situation.

Also it might not be brain damage. Some cats are just kind of stupid. If he's getting into poo poo during the day he might just need more amusement

No its damage, when the momma cat cat him I had to rush her to the vet when I noticed something was wrong, I have never broken so many speed laws in my life but gently caress it lives where at stake, they couldn't quite tell how long he'd been out not if he'd pull through but thankfully he did.

The derp himself.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea my cats love my sneakers.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Had to take Tibi in again to the vet, if its cancer its over for him. :smith:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Plague?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

Good old Y. pestis, the bacteria that causes bubonic plague.

Are you loving kidding me? :stare:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Deeply concerned.jpg

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

sneakyfrog posted:

how is cat friend?

You tell me. :v:

Not cancer thank christ, he's on some antibiotics for inflammation of his intestines but he is poised to make a 100% full recovery.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JackMann posted:

I'm glad your fuzzbutt's okay! Give him plenty of scritches and make sure he knows he's loved.

believe me he's gotten more than enough of those.

I like rubbing my face on him cause he spends like 10 minutes grooming himself when I'm done.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Caution: This account is temporarily restricted
You’re seeing this warning because there has been some unusual activity from this account. Do you still want to view it?

:confused:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Bless little Holstein, may his next life be full of catnip and pets.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Not everyday you find one of these abandoned in the streets.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 08:15 on May 24, 2017

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Master of stealth this one.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Serella posted:

Ferrets are total treatsluts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c98LDSiSGA

Lov 2 dig 4 treats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opfmBK3_VE0

Also v sneaky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSzcXv5LtT8

Thank you for looking at my limousine hamsters. :angel: :stoat:

Is the one lacking hair and skinny a baby?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I wanna adopt Batman like RIGHT NOW.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So in the continuing saga of Tibi. I took him to a different vet for a second opinion, turns out its Stomatis, not a super bad case but still bad, other problem is the infection in his gums moved to his jaw bone causing Ostiomelitis, still not super awful but bad, he got a round of injections to help and he's on alternating antibiotics for a good month, then back to the vet and most likely removal of teeth.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Happy to report Tibi is doing quite well, the anti biotics are working well and treating his bone infection, I'll find out just how much next tuesday on his check up but he's better than ever right now.

He approves of my new bed.

And this picture of Kiwi came out to well for me not to share.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JackMann posted:

Good cattes.

I'm really glad Tibi's doing better. I was worried.

You and me both brother. :unsmith:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Wanna pet that doggo.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Super, SUPER happy to report that Tibi is doing super well, his bone infection is almost gone, just a bit more anti biotics and he'll be in the clear. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
There's a little dog around here than whenever I go on my walks and pass by its house, it just completely loses its poo poo, it starts running, jumping, the tail is a blur, it brings me its toys to play fetch, I literally see this dog maybe an hour every couple of days when I pass by and he loves me like nothing I've ever seen.

Dogs are really something else, I miss mine, haven't had one in 17 years. :smith: