Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Welcome back!

Booger Presley fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Today's a bad day. We've managed to save and include seven feral cats in our home. Our beloved peacemaker, Lucky, has a broken hip and I'm spending everything I have in hopes that he will be better. I want to see him walking again. I want to see him peaceful again.

The docs will do their thing in the morning but my heart and my family are gutted.

Just wish my fuzzy boy could be healthy again.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

sneakyfrog posted:

so far no.

just the normal stock of 8

spose the new project is a baby on the way so im working on setting up a baby room and figuring out how to manage the animals.

Congrats on the new baby!

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Love this

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

Chili posted:

Been a bit since I checked in. Butters is still doing well and trying his best to ruin my life.

I have to work from home. I'm a shrink and my clients have all met butters. I have to sometimes suppress my judgemental tendencies. When that happens, butters does it for me.

You and the buttery one made the world better! Thank you

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Man I'm in cat limbo

We have eight cats. Seven trapped (in our yard) and conditioned to the way. They all live in luxury and housed retirement.

Our friend has a ton of chickens, and is oddly consumed with cats. He does not feed/care for them. They shall eat mice.

We have abducted and sought medical attention for the weakest. They are safe. I know of >dozen of cats.

At what point do we smite him and reacue the cats?

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

mcmagic posted:

What's the marginal cost in having another cat after cat 8...... might as well keep going.
The finance words are sound but the reality is complicated.

We manage cat personalities to mitigate fight opportunities. One of our cats is an attack-on-sight girl, so she need special attention.

I reckon I am sniveling at this point. We love these crazy cats. We are all in, whatever it takes.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
One of our ferals passed away. This really sucks. He was a monster but had so much love and compassion for his mates. Our family is really sad and I don't know to process this. Here's my post. We are now seven and man it really hurts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Chili your efforts with Butters were motivating and inspiring. Thank you for sharing your journey.