Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Rexxed posted:

Stinky looks like a Buttons to me (or Mr. Buttons). Can't think of a good one for Jazzy but Jazzy isn't bad.

Buttons is a really bad name for a cat. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Geolicious posted:

We have a bonded pair at the shelter I help at named Tywin and Lancel. And they came from a big hoarding situation raid. Tywin is super outgoing but Lancel is still so shy. And they are both black cats. But they came in as BFFs and they will go out as BFFs no matter how long it takes. (I'm so thankful to work at a no-kill)

Sometimes the clinic staff really picks bad names. Bless their hearts, they're doing their best. But sometimes the volunteers have to submit a request to get a name changed. Like little Morticia who had been there for a long time was adopted pretty quickly after we got her stuff changed to Marilyn. And, sure, the adopters usually change their names, but they gotta have good ones at the shelter.

Morticia is a perfect cat name. :argh:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

:swoon:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Is he getting along with your other permanent kitty? :3:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

I lack the moral fiber required to foster, y'all are beautiful people. :allears:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Alteisen posted:

Ok, news is good, all bloodwork is positive, negative on FeLV or any related conditions, the cause of it all was extreme, extreme and I do mean extreme swelling as well as lacerations in his mouth, I type that out and even I cannot believe it but yes, lacerations, nothing perforated in his internal organs or anything, they cleaned out his mouth like you would not believe, according to the vet he used everything that is non toxic to an animal to clean him and went by tooth by tooth to ensure they where fine(they where), but yea massive, massive swelling around the back combined with these lacerations are the cause.

He'll live, but his outdoor days are over, so now I have a question, what can I do to make life easier for a cat that was outdoors so much? He's lived his whole life out there but I can't trust him anymore, so I need to make something for him so he's calm and chill inside the house.

Do you have wall-to-wall carpet? That can be a severe allergen vector.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

We (me and my mom) visited a bunch of shelters recently and the best kitten names were a pair called Voltron and Thundercat. :perfect:

Sadly we weren't in the market for a pair of kittens. :saddowns: