Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
so, due to my being out of work now for about 9 months, miss frog and I are planning on moving up to michigan to be closer to her family to help out with the kiddo, and get the hell out of FL where apparently I simply cant get work unless i want to just throw my resume in the trash and do retail or something. So moving 4 dogs and 4 cats cross country with a baby is a thing. We have a hypothetical plan that should work, but I am kinda torn about 1 thing. The old dog, Lady is hmmm id say maybe 12-13 years old now, her hips are slowly going and she is starting to exhibit more and more aggressive behavior towards the other dogs and cats in the house. My sensible brain thinks maybe she shouldnt make the trip, i cant imagine her getting along with cold weather and snow too well, and I'm somewhat concerned about a dog who is getting more aggressive towards other dogs, cats, loud noises etc. around the baby. On the other hand she is my goddamn favorite, and I suck about being objective and disconnected with animals.

what do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Sorry for bringing the thread down, just having a rough day. You are right naturally. I'm just poo poo about this stuff.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Was thinking about that, but she is very opinionated and I'd say special needs with trust issues. Not a good combo in florida

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
welp the old dog was put to sleep. :mad:
the other 3 have been successfully driven to michigan.

question: so i have 4 cats, a baby and a wife that need to be driven to michigan, much like the dogs i was planning on just doing a straight shot there only stopping for gas and nature calling.

we have 4 soft crates i have been putting feliway in and leaving open all week so they can play around in them.

are there any :catdrugs: that i can safely sedate them with (the cats not the wife and baby) to make the trip easier on them?

its most likely going to be 18-20 hours straight drive.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
let me just say for the record, 20 hours in the car with 4 cats, a baby and my wife was a circle of hell that I was not prepared for.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

dismas posted:

Where the new place, I have some strays to dump outside

:mad:

no.

and you wont find it anyways

even google will get you lost

as intended

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
jesus loving christ.

be strong ghost babby.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
a big goddamn hero.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

A big flaming stink posted:

Adopt the cat yourself

:hmmyes:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Oh my

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Oh God

Here we go again

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

this guy seems ok with it

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
yay :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Fallows posted:

Im super suprised how quickly she started using the litter box I gave her. Put her in once after she peed her bed and she has been using it ever since.

sounds like a cat.

but yes as someone mentioned until they get a full workup its best to keep them quarantined for everyones safety despite omg kitten cute