Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Name the male cat after a famous male jazz singer and leave the female named jazzy imo.

Edit: Like naming him Louie for Louis Armstrong. Louie and Jazzy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Django is definately a good name. How do you even get a cat to realize you changed its name though?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

It took me almost two years of taking care of my grandfather's cat after he passed before she was comfortable enough around me to just chill out and regularly let me pet her after giving her some treats. It took alot of time and treats to get her to the point she was comfortable with me, but she is about as friendly with me as this cat gets. Shes not a lap cat by any means, but will at least hop up on my bed and chill with me for a bit if I'm the only person in the house for more than a day or two. In fact now she won't shut the gently caress up anytime I go into the kitchen and start cooking since thats where her treats are kept. loving cat even thinks up new screams, meows and noises to get my attention if I ignore her for being annoying. She's still super skittish and hostile to new people, but thats dealt with by telling people not to pet the cat and laughing at them when they get bit for ignoring me.

Sometimes it just takes a while.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Boogalo posted:

I almost posted pics but figured I flooded the other cat threads enough but yeah, Milly hasn't graced this one yet.

:refurb:

Congrats on getting a torticat. You will not know peace and quiet for at least the next decade. Heaven have mercy on your soul.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Congrats on your new puppy. :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I mean, I know I was sneaking treats when chili wasn't looking, but I didn't think he was serious about kicking me out over it!

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Would adopt the poo poo outta that catte, but I'm way too far away and already have a catte that is extremely agressive to every living thing. Including us half the time.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

HOLY poo poo THAT IS THE MOST ADORABLE loving THING EVER.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

God teddy is so adorable. Too bad you're at the other end of the east coast and I already have a terrible rear end in a top hat cat that is hostile to all life human, canine and feline. Cat gives no gently caress and has even attacked a great dane/pit bull mix for daring to be in the same room as her. She won. :colbert:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The obvious thing to do is post more teddy pics, such a pretty kitty. :kimchi:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The reflections in her eyes is making it look like she is going full derp. :kimchi:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

How the hell are everyone's resue torties chill af while making adorable squeaks and meows, while mine is the literal spawn of satan who only deems me worthy of attention when its food or water time and yowls constantly like she just sat on a sandspur? :downs:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

"Chilli, clear your browser history when you're done! Nobody wants to know about your cheerleader foot fetish!"

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Please name zoomy kity 'Cuda, short for barraccuda. Cause they're both zoomy.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Omigosh I helped name a kitten. :neckbeard:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

My parents rescued a stray a year or two before I was born. The night I came home from the hospital, she crawled into my crib and slept next to me. Attempts by my parents to keep it from happening again were soundly thwarted by magic cat powers, so abigail kitty slept with me for the next 15ish years of her life until she was too blind to get down out of my bed. It depends on the cat, but some just click and you get to grow up with a super sweet lovable kitty who cuddles up on your pillow next to you every night. :kimchi:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I have a cat named monkey and had a fish named horse. None of which I named. Just embrace it man, it makes it easier.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Oh, I forgot about the house bunny a guy I knew caught who we dubbed... Kitty. I lived in my house for a couple days until we found the owner.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Holy poo poo, please tell me you at least sent that person a very rude message or called them dirty names or something. Because jesus christ they need to be told exactly how much of an rear end in a top hat they are.

But now at least your kiddo gets to grow up with a super affectionate kitty that they can love all over. Its really the bestest thing ever.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Note: giving kitty tuna water as a treat may mean you suddenly have a howling furbeast appearing out of the ether to do a screm every time you open a can of anything from then on.

A+ idea, would argue with kitty about them not getting to eat your food repeatedly again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Chili posted:

Might look cute, but what you're not seeing is that if I don't snuggle him like that he scratches the christ out of my nose until I do.

Then obviously you should never stop snuggling the butter. Seems simple to me.