Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

It's like he's claimed katdicks and is challenging you to try to touch her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm so excited. One of my friends I volunteer with at the shelter who fosters is going out of town next week and I am going over a few nights next week to socialize with her foster kitten fluffmuffins and I caaaaan't waaaaaaait! KITTENS

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Bud K ninja sword posted:

it would be remiss for you not to take pictures.

I am slightly offended you maybe thought I wouldn't.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I was unsuccessful in my attempts to photograph my friend's foster kittens. Will try again tonight. Wish me luck. And cuddles.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Boogalo posted:

When I adopted my idiot, she carried the nickname of my friend's ex who I hated, so that got changed pretty quick. Mandy to Milly. At the shelter I kept calling her Milly anyways on accident for some reason so that stuck.

It's also my nickname. WHICH I HATE SO loving MUCH. So I was so happy to hear she was a Milly. I think Milly is perfect for a tortie with tortitude.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Ain't never met a cat that wouldn't climb a leg for chunk light. A little bite here and there will be OK. And certainly OK if you have to pull out the big tasty guns.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I've been trying to advocate for the volunteers at my shelter to brush more kitties with the flaky skin (well, the ones who tolerate it) for just that reason. Some of them are like "no it's bad for their skin" and I'm like "how hard are you brushing???"

We do have one volunteer who walks around with a cat brush in his hand at all times, though. He gets it.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Henry and Charlotte were my mom and dad's foster kittens. So quasi-foster failure? Foster failure once removed?

Charlotte was my foster kitten. 100% failure.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Boogalo posted:

I used to be super allergic but still wanted a cat and thought about fostering just to test the waters but after a few several hour sessions at the shelter without symptoms I adopted instead. I've also thought about volunteering at the shelter but that has a bunch of schedule and minimum attendance requirements so I'll randomly go over for an hour or two and play with all of the cats and try not to adopt all of them.

We're lucky to have an amazing spca here.

They've really tightened up the scheduling and stuff in the last few months. But we were having huge gaps uncovered, so I get it. My standard slot is Sunday afternoons. But plenty of people just pop in to pet and snuggle our kittypeople.

My time there each week is the best part of my life right now.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Chili posted:

And this is Butterscotch's take:

I'MMA BE JUST LIKE MONTY!

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I am moving this weekend so I had to say a tearful goodbye to all my shelter pals, both cat and human yesterday.

But, I have already looked up the shelter in my new city am planning to go to volunteer training as soon as I am settled.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Marchegiana posted:

Semester is almost over so I picked up our newest fosters today. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0nfiJwVRwE

OMG the shelter I volunteered at had a cow cat sister pair named Bessie and Holstein!!!! :h: :h: :h:

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Boogalo posted:

Got off early today and was in the area so I visited the shelter for some cat petting.

That last little girl is only 6lbs :kimchi:

I MISS MY FRANDS

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Boogalo posted:

Sugar Plum got adopted holy crap!

I HEARD AND WAS LIKE OMG BEST THING

I am going to volunteer orientation at the Richmond Animal Care and Control on Saturday. Hopefully back in the volunteering saddle sooooo!

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Boogalo posted:

I'd go for this idiot in a heartbeat but she doesn't like other cats.

Is that Cynthia? She's a crazy goober.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I know some of those kitty people. I MISS THEM!

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Chili posted:

Oy vey. As Saturday fast approaches, I'm being hit with that horrible sinking feeling the last time we fostered a dog.

I love doggos. Doggos are the best people. But I had to stop walking them as a shelter volunteer because they were just too... hard. Dogs connect with you differently. Not that cats can't or don't connect, they do, I've loved many a shelter kitty, but dogs... dogs just want to make us happy with love and more love and it's right in the feels.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

my cat is norris posted:

Three cats isn't too many, right?

WELCOME TO TRIPLE CAT CLUB

First rule of Triple Cat Club is always talk about Triple Cat Club.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
T R I P L E C A T C L U B

:neckbeard:

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Boogalo posted:

Our local shelter is having free adoptions all holiday weekend so they can clear space to bring in displaced Harvey shelter animals. Halfway through the last day and they're over 100 adoptions which is just ridiculous.

Some long timers, too!

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
My cats sleep in the bed with me. I actually cannot sleep unless I have a kitters in the bed with me.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Good job Chili! My coworker and I saved a teenage bald eagle with an injured wing earlier in the summer. And by saved I mean call every number we could to find someone to come out (because you can't touch 'em). But I'm still proud we helped the birb.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
What a strange looking cat.

How is katdicks?

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

*sobs so hard*

PRECIOUS KITTY

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

ZoeDomingo posted:

I'm cross-posting from the Cat FAQ Megathread to try to get as much info as possible.

My 2-year-old rescue cat Henry is at the emergency vet for the 2nd time with a bladder blockage. He's doing okay but the doc raised the possibility of doing a Perineal Urethrostomy. I'm researching it to get more info. If anyone has had a cat who got this surgery, can you tell me how your cat did? How old was he when he had the surgery, how well did he tolerate the recovery, does/did he have good quality of life after? And if you also have/had other cats at the same time, did they get along afterwards or did they treat him differently? Thank you!

My coworker's cat, an orange male named Ron Burgundy, had this procedure and his life greatly improved and no more blockage issues. I don't know much about the recovery time or how easy/hard it was, but I can definitely ask her. His feline buddy, Chazz Michael Michaels, does not treat him any differently.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
You literally cannot come in here and tell us a little orphan baby cat has bonded with your beard and not show us a picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

I had a bit of a rough day but I'm OK now.