Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
My kitty Gypsy (RIP) was an early orphaned baby when we found her... she was only a day or so old and I ended up hand feeding her. She was such a good kitty. She smurgled everything remotely blanket-like her whole life. In fact, when she had to be put down at 13 due to her cancer, that's how she went. Sitting in my lap with her favorite blanket, making biscuits, and purring away as she passed. Still makes me tear up, but, all in all seems like a nice way to go... doing what you loved. We had her cremated with that blankie. It was the same one she had as a baby, and always went back to. We figured she would have liked that.

We have had other kitties since then that do a similar thing. Finn, our latest, was a shelter kitty we got when he was 12 weeks old. He still tries to nurse on the fleece blankets on the bed, and the soft cat bed covers we have. He also insists on pressing one upper fang against my cheeks or neck as he makes biscuits on me off and on during the day, and drools his little heart out. He was trying to nurse on me for the longest time, but grew out of that into the one fang bit, and other than my neck and cheek....he now only goes for the sheets and cat beds for the most part. He loves to pull at the fleecy bits on the cat beds so he can try to nurse on them...all the cat beds have these spiky sticky up bits from him on them lol

Joey did the nursing thing too as a tiny kitten, come to think of it. He was a shelter kitty, and we got him at just about 8 weeks old. He would jet up my legs and launch himself into my neck to try to nurse on my neck or ears. He eventually grew out of that after a year or two (thank goodness) and has not gone after anything else for a while. Of course, now that I said that he will probably start up again just to prove me wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

mistaya posted:

My cat loves my husband's coat so much she probably 'wears' it more than he does. Cattes definitely respond to familiar smells!

omg this ^^^

Our one kitty Pixie is our oldest, and she LOVES the smell of my husbands stank apparently. Its a running joke around here that within seconds of his removing sweaty, smelly, disgusting, gross gym clothes there will be a certain old cat rolling around on her back in the middle of it all with a blissful happy look on her face, just soaking up the stink.

She also loves to stick her whole head in shoes that have just come off our feet...again, my husband's gym shoes are a favorite but also my sheepskin slippers for some reason. The cat just loves the stank... weird wierd.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

wow!!! I wish I was slimming as fast as you are, sir!

Looking good :)

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Antivehicular posted:

Tabby boy should clearly be Mackerel (or Mac for short)

My little rescue kitty long ago, we called Miss Mackerel for her pretty fishbone tabby markings :) She eventually got named Gypsy for her tabby bracelet on her leg, but we always called her Miss Mackerel.

So, I humbly submit Mackerel as well....may the memory of my sweet baby live on in a new kitty....