Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I. M. Gei posted:

So it turns out that Kenan is a GIRL

I think I’m gonna keep the name

They're from the same litter, right? Funny how she looks so much older.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I. M. Gei posted:

The bigger problem is the logistics. The not-so-low-cost spay/neuter clinic only fixes ferals one day a week, for a few hours in the afternoon, and I have to make an appointment with them at least a day ahead of time where I tell them stuff like the sex of the cat and what it looks like...... i.e. stuff I don’t know until after I trap the cat (if I trap one at all), which I don’t even know if I SHOULD trap a cat that far in advance since leaving a cat in a small humane trap for 24+ hours feels like an rear end in a top hat move. Because where the gently caress else am I gonna put it for that long? I don’t have a bunch of giant kitty cages lying around like the vet does.

Have you tried calling them up and asking what would be best in your situation? You can't be the first person in the state who's tried to fix a colony before.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Agreed

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Looks like he might be a gray Siamese-point type cat, with some white spots on top of that.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Late Fees posted:

Got out the trap today when living proof of our failure to adequately TNR this neighborhood showed up wet and squeaking on the doorstep. There's a mother we've been unable to trap who seems to have a habit of having litters of 1 which she abandons too early

It clearly needs a bath and grooming but seems to be a few days of trust exercises away from letting us near. It's soo tiny but its eyes are green so maybe 6 weeks? Eating solid food at least

Need more pictures of this spicy pepper to make sure they're still OK

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

That doesn't look like nearly enough information to give more targeted advice; whatever his issue is, I don't think anyone can diagnose it over the internet anyway.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Chili posted:

Oh right and have a butterslug

404 slug not found

Still gonna meet that cat one day.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Yeah strays are just very, very outdoor cats.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

City of Glompton posted:

i'm using an apron when holding her, and washing my hands/arms when i'm done.

Even beyond that I might just wear outdoor/work clothes and change/wash them afterwards. I do that when I volunteer at a cat shelter and I don't even have animals at home right now.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Anne Whateley posted:

She's super cute! Is there any way you can get the vet to move up her appointment? I wouldn't introduce her to your other cats until afterward. There are a lot of transmissible diseases ranging from minor to pain-in-the-rear end to fatal.

It's probably not a bad idea to keep her segregated for a couple weeks anyway. I'd never heard it here (though it makes sense) but I have a friend on the west coast who told me vets over there emphasize the need to quarantine new animals for a couple of weeks to make sure they're not carrying anything, which extends to not bringing a stray into them to get checked up during that period.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Oh yeah, we fostered a couple kittens a few months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I'm sorry Chili. And sorry I never got to meet butterboy :(