Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Glad to see this is back. An enjoyable podcast episode as always.

A shame to hear you considered but then gave up on Dishonored. I fully understand your reasoning for doing so but I still think it would have been great to watch. Alas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think a couple of our episodes can be listened without needing to watch the footage to be fair! When we were listening back on The Lost Episode we realised our Soviet sleeper agent trigger phrases are "Do ya ever" and "Do ya know". The good news is Dishonored is still planned for a future LP! To be more precise I just decided to do it at another time rather than having two live ones on the forum at the same time. Bioshock was my third choice because I used to record with my old laptop and it'd mess up the opening cutscene of Human Revolution every time. It'd record everything after that cutscene fine but always hosed it up so I decided to do Bioshock.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
MGS3 when?

I'd also like to mention cruxifixction as possibly the worst way to die. Most people didn't die in a few hours like Jesus, it took days. What you died from was CO2 that built up in your lungs because the body can't properly exhale without raising itself up on the cross, which would hurt like hell as you twisted your limbs around the nails pounded in to them and your skin was rubbed raw sliding up and down the raw wooden surface. Not to mention exposure to the elements, insects, starvation, and dehydration.

Of course that's just physical torment. Any sort of death that has spiritual consequences is going to be the most terrible to anyone who thinks the method by which they die will have repercussions on their afterlife. If you believe that having your body destroyed will also destroy your soul, or that you'll retain any disfigurement and mutilation, then physical pain isn't going to be your biggest concern.

tldr: abolish capital punishment.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

If I do MGS3 it'll be a very long time away because it's one of the few LPs I've actually watched and don't want to copy the one I saw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDQLT-wBwAM

White Coke
May 29, 2015
You could just say Vulcan instead of Hephaestus. They're pretty much the same god, and it'd be easier to pronounce. At the very least it'd be fun to hear you struggle through its pronunciation.

EmmyOk posted:

If I do MGS3 it'll be a very long time away because it's one of the few LPs I've actually watched and don't want to copy the one I saw.

Clearly your next lp should be a simultaneous play-through of MGS3, Dishonored, and Human Revolution. No one has done that before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Arrested Development WAS a good show.

• Locked thread