Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
This already happened:

Spoiler alert: humans weren't ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

fnox posted:

Maybe they know we aren't and are deliberately avoiding us because of it.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Pegged Lamb posted:

it is very, very strange that this forum treats the existence of extra terrestrial life as tantamount to the supernatural, probably based on nothing more than the latest Neil DeGrasse Tyson podcast. Also I don't call the pathological attachment to Occam's Razor and the continual practice on this forum of yelling past each other and virtually never settling on any conclusions or definitions "learning and growth."

It isn't, but the additional subtext in this case is that you have had a schizophrenic episode and treat the future arrival of aliens as a foregone conclusion as a result.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I already said, they're called tactile hallucinations, and many schizophrenics complain of sensations that things have been implanted under the skin, as you did. It wouldn't be such a big deal by itself, but combined with the whole "god was revealed to me and the aliens are coming" thing it's kind of not a stretch. In any case you should get an evaluation and let a professional make the call.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Pegged Lamb posted:

v No it isn't a stretch; neither is it apropos to bring it up in this thread which I intended to be separate from that discussion. It seems, though, that the ribbing was just too tempting. if you want me to close this thread because we're already travelling covered territory just ask.

It's not ribbing, I am telling you you need help, not to be spinning out insane poo poo on the internet in search of validation. I am not in the habit of suffering the delusions of the mentally ill.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Louis Farrakhan: "disregard everything I said earlier. Hypothetically, what if it turned out the evil scientist Yakub invented white people?"

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Pegged Lamb posted:

Germ theory seemed insane, at first, and all of the sudden it wasn't. I don't claim to be half the man this guy was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignaz_Semmelweis but he was locked up for the seemingly ludicrous suggestion that washing your hands before an operation might have beneficial side effects by other genuinely concerned, well-meaning people eager to diagnose mental illness without a proper evaluation. I have taken the several suggestions to seek professional help under advisement and I will as soon as I can. Until then I suggest you alleviate your own 'suffering' by reporting this thread or have me close it, or simply bringing your attention elsewhere. Or better yet you could participate in the original exercise whether or not you think it is harm(ful)less fancy. There's a thread about malicious genies whose author might also enjoy your gifts of mercy.

So now you're comparing yourself to a pioneer of medicine, based on feelings in your shoulders when you were lying in bed. Grandiose delusions are another feature of schizophrenia.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I see right through you. Go back to where you came from, we don't want your kind here, Earth belongs to humanity.

I DOn't kn0w wha---t you;re talking about

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

My Imaginary GF posted:

I'm imagining a race of space cows which eating causes humans to regain their youth.

God what poor, poor species. Their first wave gonna be gobbled all up and turned into factories. Whatever happens between the first wave and the second, humanity gonna have a whole lotta explaining to do

That's how they'll transplant their own sentience into our forms. "Eat of me."

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

McDowell posted:

I communicate with bacteria - I give them a message they can understand (plasmid transformation) - I select for individuals that have received the message - and then I collect their purified 'minds'.

I like cheese as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

McDowell posted:

You can choose to believe that - but in that case by resisting the Creator you are trying to fight entropy or whatever you want to call the process of the universe expending energy. I'm not done watching the Beyond Human Sessions and I hope those reading will check them out. Life on this Earth has purpose and is well-tended. This age is coming to an end and individuals must choose their house, so to speak.

Transhumanism, the singularity, and other corruptions must be challenged. You have a flesh and blood life, a mind, and a time here on earth to develop. New vehicles brought into this world can become purely material things, slaves, robots (just the Czech word for the former).

Overcome sensuality, become a vessel for God- or be used in one way or another by the shadows that prey on all humans.

Edit: Fixed Phone posting typos

I've got a house for you to choose.

• Locked thread