Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Citizen Tayne posted:

I swear to god that I saw a Lifehacker article that was literally "Comfort a fussy baby by talking to it," but I can't find it again.

hosed up, the best way is to drown it in a five gallon bucket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
http://lifehacker.com/baby-boot-camp-the-skills-every-new-parent-needs-to-le-1709234325

how_to_not_kill_your_child.html

pram
Jun 10, 2001
kinja lol

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

http://store.steampowered.com/app/427730/

Truth be told that's the most interesting game I've seen on steam in ages

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

i used to "read" lifehacker by just filtering to stories tagged software or freeware, that was actually semi-useful.

then they redesigned the site and completely, utterly hosed everything up, like it was indescribably bad. stories were still tagged but there was no way of viewing the tags, the whole site was this bizarre dual-column infinite-scrolling nightmare, poo poo was just broken

but that was all years ago and no one releases interesting freeware for PCs anymore anyhow so eh whatever

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

SO DEMANDING posted:

i used to "read" lifehacker by just filtering to stories tagged software or freeware, that was actually semi-useful.

then they redesigned the site and completely, utterly hosed everything up, like it was indescribably bad. stories were still tagged but there was no way of viewing the tags, the whole site was this bizarre dual-column infinite-scrolling nightmare, poo poo was just broken

but that was all years ago and no one releases interesting freeware for PCs anymore anyhow so eh whatever

Have you tried major geeks dot com

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

same

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
SMASH 'EM, HULKSTER!

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
Is this the thread for Gawker's greatest hits?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

WHATCHU GONNA DO
WHEN HULKSTER RUNS WILD ON YOU!?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

je1 healthcare posted:

that seems to be a still taken from another outlet, probably before the police made that request. I imagine they didn't want live footage shown that showed where police were. not just any old image.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
$25 million in punitive damages (not dischargeable in bankruptcy)

im lomarfin here

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
only gawker could make hulk hogan the good guy

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

je1 healthcare posted:

someone linked me this once: http://loltaku.tumblr.com/
a tumbler of someone dedicated to cataloging their failures.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

gamergate made Kotaku the good guy i'm afraid

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

TerminalRaptor posted:

someone linked me this once: http://loltaku.tumblr.com/
a tumbler of someone dedicated to cataloging their failures.

that sounded cool but i cant figure out how to read/enjoy. is this what tumblr is??

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

PleasureKevin posted:

gamergate made Kotaku the good guy i'm afraid

a nerd rage so impotent that it makes a gawker media outlet seem reasonable and decent

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i still dont know anything about 'gamer gate' and honestly it makes me a better person

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

:psypop:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

i like deadspin because theyre the only sports news place that doesnt take itself seriously

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

pram posted:

i still dont know anything about 'gamer gate' and honestly it makes me a better person

imagine that you liked video games and hated women and are completely insane and then found a group of likeminded folk

that's gamergate

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro
Jezebel staff openly called out their masters for not doing anything about repeated rape gifs in comments

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Hemick
Mar 4, 2007

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-avakrRUaU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

a fun thing to do when somebody expresses joy over the gawker lawsuit is to ask if they're mad about kotaku or if they're mad that gawker outed reddit's most famous pedophile

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Even a bad company can do some good things

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

her smugness is incredible

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Gawker is actually bad though

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it is.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

GameCube posted:

a fun thing to do when somebody expresses joy over the gawker lawsuit is to ask if they're mad about kotaku or if they're mad that gawker outed reddit's most famous pedophile

pretty much every gawker thing is terrible (not just kotaku by far) but the judgement is bullshit too

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_Gould

On May 4, 2007, Gould reacted to the interview in an article she wrote for The New York Times.[8] An article she wrote about her experiences with Gawker.com was the New York Times Magazine cover story on May 25, 2008. In the article, she described how the negative response to her television appearance caused her to suffer panic attacks which led her to seek therapy.[9]

lol

sure, her being a sociopath probably had nothing to do with this

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

gawker has a great front page article on brussels that's nothing but pictures and videos of dead people and quotes about rivers of blood

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Necronomoticon posted:

it's like an advice blog, but specific to five figgy fucktards

lol at the eyebrow

CAN YOU SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN'?

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

je1 healthcare posted:

lol forgot about that one,

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

i dont like how she kept changing her facial expressions so frequently and without reason. It reminded me of someone seeing themselves on a webcam chat window for the first time

i also dont like gawker

also when did jimmy kimmel have a hard hitting cnn spot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

what's wrong with these

• Locked thread